Thursday, September 9, 2010

The Little Things ~


Life
is
a great bundle
of
little things
Holmes

32 comments:

Ginny Hartzler said...

Yes, this quote is so true! It's in the little things that we live our lives. I love the pretty mushrooms. But your header is beautiful!! Is that real acorns that you took apart and hollowed out? Or are they little boxes made to look like acorns?

Jennifer Richardson said...

and often they're just the sweetest
and mean the most:)
-Jennifer

S. Etole said...

Those are real acorns in the header. They just fall apart when they mature. They are by a maple leaf rather than an oak leaf just because they were some random items in the driveway.

annie hoff said...

Those little acorn cups in your new autumn header are so very pretty.

Beth said...

Your gift of taking simple little things of every day life and showing their beauty and their importance in our lives continues to awe me.
The new header is stunning in its simplicity, color, and appreciation of nature.
The quote is so true. Often it's a build up of little things that bring an explosion of anger. At the same time, noticing and enjoying the little moments, actions, and bundles of simple beauty around us can immediately ease that anger and bring peace.
Your posts draw the negative emotions out and replaces them with peace and joy.

kamana said...

that is one very pretty header. and i love these little fungi. you capture the little things so well.

Tracy said...

LOVELY new banner, Susan... such sweetness and reverence.... It's the little things, the little moment mixed with the big ones that make a life. Great words today. I like this time of year when the fungi are about. :o) Happy Days ((HUGS))

ELK said...

the cream and green together is so refreshing ..that is a lot of mushrooms!! nice header to my friend

Brian's Home Blog said...

Not only are they pretty, they don't take up mushroom!

MadSnapper n Beau said...

great little mushrooms and i love them too. you get a great big OUTSTANDING and AMAZING on the header photo. WOW, just had to add that word to.

cristie said...

always your kindness is felt. xox

Leslie said...

You make me smile. And I, too, love your new header!

Unknown said...

you share beauty so so well.
and I love little things.

and the last line is a reference to the Jim Jones cult tragedy where they drank poisonous kool-aid.
I just mean it's better to be open minded than closed.
The video is joyous and wonderful, but has received some criticism from diehard KOL rock fans for being a little cheesy, and from people who don't get the reference to their evangelical roots and are commenting on the white/black thing. Does that help?

Mommy Emily said...

oh yes, yes, yes it is these little things... you capture this SO well in your photos and your words... thank you, friend, for praying with me today. i bow with you, now. xo

Vicky said...

Lovely new look to your banner. Life is indeed finding that the big picture is really found in the small things :)

SimplyDarlene said...

Susan, you are a blessing!

FOLKS, YOU CAN BUY SOME OF SUSAN'S PRINTS HERE:
matthew2540.zenfolio.com/

She offers us hope each day in her images and with the words of her heart, let us offer that to some orphans too. Please. Come on over to my place to see a little of what I am talking about.

http://aspiretoleadaquietlife.blogspot.com/2010/09/hope.html

Blessings.

Maureen said...

It's always such fun to see what image you will pair with your words.

I like the change of seasons image.

Nancy said...

Love your new banner; reminds us that a new season is on the way and your words remind us to keep it simple....Good Advice

Deidra said...

I love those acorns!

Mari said...

What a pretty shot of all those little mushrooms!

Kala said...

Lovely capture of these clusters of mushrooms. Wonderful quote too.

Linda said...

That's a lovely quote Susan. We are blessed if we take the time to savor the little things, the little moments - for that truly is life.
P.S. I love your new header picture.

e.o.w. said...

It's been so long! I've been in the garden all summer :)
I love the quotation here!

Michelle DeRusha said...

Glad to see your computer problems are fixed! Love the new header...and the acorns...I think those are from the bur oak (we collect a lot of acorns around here -- I have a whole vase of them on my living room coffee table right now, thanks to my 5-year-old! I think items from nature make the best decorations anyway).

Relyn Lawson said...

You find the most perfect quotes. And take the most wonderful pictures. You have a gift, you do.

Anonymous said...

this is sooooo
very true.


good post
and i like the comments too

Louise Gallagher said...

wow -- you never cease to inspire awe within me and awe of all that is around me.

Such simple things become so divine through your lens.

Unknown said...

Lovely little mushrooms ~ I love spotting them in all their colors and sizes on the forest floor.

Jewels said...

I couldn't agree more!!!

chasity said...

adorable little toadstools...
like a magic fairy world.

Sandra Heska King said...

How easy it would have been to walk by these little things.

What Karen Sees said...

So many lovely scenes in nature to enjoy if we slow down a bit and really look around us.