Saturday, September 11, 2010

Light ~


Now, God be praised, that to believing souls gives light in darkness, comfort in despair.

William Shakespeare


38 comments:

Anonymous said...

blessings to you. have a lovely weekend.

Ginny Hartzler said...

Lovely, old fashioned looking flowers! Hope you have a great Sunday!

Anonymous said...

lovely light
pretty flowers


i have not heard this quote before.

Mari said...

What a beautiful flower, and the lighting is so pretty!

MadSnapper n Beau said...

and God said, Let there be light! and you captured it perfectly

Brian's Home Blog said...

Beautiful and true!

Ruth's Photo Blog said...

Thanks for the lovely picture and encouraging words.
Blessings,Ruth

Louise Gallagher said...

The softness of this photo softens my heart.

Thank you!

Steve Gravano said...

I love the softness of focus and the light. And to the Shakespeare quote, beautifully done.

Linda said...

What a beautiful quote Susan, and - as always - the perfect picture to go with it.
Have a blessed Sunday.

MadSnapper n Beau said...

my trees are banana trees, 3 of them. i am going to go back and post what they are, thanks for stopping by

Anonymous said...

These are beautiful ~ the light is perfect!

And how cute is your new heading ~ I like it! :)

Have a terrific Sunday!
xo Catherine

dude said...

He is the light of the world and it's reflected in His creation...and your talent!

Nancy said...

Coming to visit you is like going to a sanuary......

Leslie said...

I love that quote...

Maureen said...

Yours is a place to light down upon for respite.

Beth said...

Hope you're feeling the light and comfort. I like how how and where you wrote light. These flowers are some of my favorites.

Sandra Heska King said...

Lovely light.

allisondegeorge said...

love your new banner...
a change with the weather...
as the cool of evening and morning begins to seep into these early autumn days...
thanks for your visits to all that i am...and for taking time to comment

Glenda said...

Light and comfort . . . we all need them! And He provides . . .

Connie said...

So beautoful and so true! xx

Michelle DeRusha said...

This is indeed a good quote for this day, September 11.

Tracy said...

Such comfort here today, Susan... beautiful post for the occasion. :o) ((HUGS))

rjerdee said...

Love the delicious new header!!! So indicative of the coming season.

cristie said...

i can personally vouch for that! xox

Duane Scott said...

It has been TOO long since I've stopped by. Love your thoughts. :)

Jennifer Richardson said...

I always feel
as if I've stepped
into a chapel where
the most beautiful music
is playing
and I'm free to sit and
just be in the peaceful
presence of Life Himself
everytime I stop by.
When I see that you have a post
my heart breathes deep and I open
the door with a hush and hope.
Thanks for this...
-Jennifer

Sandy K. said...

Beautiful, as usual. I love your new header...and the soft focus of these flowers. Blessings.

Anne Lang Bundy said...

LOVE that header!

Unknown said...

deep sigh...
again.
thank you Susan.

Kala said...

Such beautiful light on the details of those little petals.

Dawning Inspiration said...

The softness is so lovely...love your new header too!

Cassandra Frear said...

Love Shakespeare -- he has so much to say about the human condition.

What Karen Sees said...

Perfect title, as you have captured these delicate blossoms in beautiful light.

MedaM said...

So much softness and beauty in this really lovely photo. Great qoutes!

JofIndia said...

Hope that all is well with you, even if the infernal machine is in rebellion.

Jeanne Frances Klaver said...

soft and beautiful and so strong

Kerri Farley said...

This is really lovely!