Monday, September 6, 2010

Green Hope ~


Romans 15:13
in
The Message Bible,
has
such an air
of
anticipation in it.

 " Oh!
May the God of green hope
fill you up with joy,
fill you up with peace,
so that your believing lives,
filled with the life-giving energy of the Holy Spirit,
will brim over
with hope!"

The color green denotes life and growth.
So it should be with hope ... continually growing, producing more life. 
~ ~ ~
Please visit Bridget Chumbley's
for
more about hope


31 comments:

Ginny Hartzler said...

Yes, being green means more than one thing! I love the lighting effects in these leaves.

Anonymous said...

beautiful verse and photo.

Mari said...

This is a beautiful picture and it portrays hope well!

Kathleen Overby said...

Love that verse in The Message. Green hope. Love it.

Anonymous said...

green - life - hope - growth - peace

Brian's Home Blog said...

Very pretty! Where there's green, there's hope fur sure!

MadSnapper n Beau said...

God's natural green alwasy gives me hope. this is beautiful and so is the quote. I feel best when out in god's green (except of course when it is 100 degrees)

MadSnapper n Beau said...

God's natural green alwasy gives me hope. this is beautiful and so is the quote. I feel best when out in god's green (except of course when it is 100 degrees)

Louise Gallagher said...

Green hope -- I'd never heard or read this before -- how beautiful!

Anonymous said...

The color green has always felt fresh and alive to me. I really like this photo with the backlight on the leaves ~ beautiful!
xo Catherine

Linda said...

I love the connection of green and hope. I have camped on that word for a long time now. In difficult times, He is all my hope.

Glynn said...

That photo is exquisite -- including the browning edges of the leaves. And it is a perfect picture of hope.

Ruth's Photo Blog said...

thanks! Without hope our lives would be very miserable.
Blessings,Ruth

Maureen said...

Perfect.

dude said...

Yes...green and alive! That is a great hope!

Glenda said...

Beautiful light shining on the tender, newer leaves!

SimplyDarlene said...

I am so blessed by you, your photos, your heart, and your union to Christ. Even though mister Mac is being naughty, your images are outstanding.

Each day I have a new favorite.

Blessings.

Vicky said...

I am reveling in the lushness of the green these days and undoubtedly the hope it brings as well. Thanks for the enchantment today and encouraging words.

Leslie said...

I love the color of new green leaves. And I love the idea of new green hope! May we be ever renewed. Thanks for this message to lift our hearts today!

HisFireFly said...

And green is known to be the colour of revelation.

Thank you for sharing a new view
fresh
alive
hope!

Nancy said...

Your heart always shines through in your words and pictures....
Hugs

Anne Lang Bundy said...

Your photos! Such simple yet exquisite beauty in every one. And the words you manage to put with them—absolutely lovely.

Jewels said...

Looking ahead and holding on!

Anonymous said...

thanks for your nice comment

Jennifer @ JenniferDukesLee.com said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Jennifer @ JenniferDukesLee.com said...

Yes! An air of anticipation.

I so enjoy reading the Message paraphrase, and letting familiar passages of God's Word fall fresh on these ears.

Kala said...

Beautiful words & image. Hope is what I need right now.

cristie said...

sue, i like this so much. xox

rjerdee said...

Oh, thank you for this message of hope! Just what I needed today!

Anonymous said...

Lovely pics and words of hope. Thank you!

Sandra Heska King said...

Green hope! I've never seen that. I always think of hope as red--a towla worm, a scarlet thread.

Hope is red AND green--Christmas colors!