We don't see too many Lady Slippers around these parts. When I was a youngster and found one growing in the forest, I thought is was a amazing. How incredible is Our Creator? We only need to open our eyes and look around. Beautiful post.
Simply beautiful! In the midst of the AZ desert, these delicate flowers made my day!
Delighted to stop by today. I hope you don't mind if I splash around a bit to get to know you. THis looks like a nice place to slip off my shoes and soak in serious goodness.
These are so pretty. We have the Yellow Lady Slipper on our yard,thanks to a friend of mine who brought me a clump. I have seen ones like this once before. Blessings,Ruth
I saw a couple when we were up on the North Shore a few weeks ago -- I hadn't seen one since I was a kid camping in CT. So beautiful -- so unique. Your photos are absolutely stunning.
Mysterious, magical, magnificent... and just dazzling... Beautiful photos, Susan! I have small feet, maybe I could wear lady's slipper? ;o) Happy Day ((HUGS))
Do you know how long it has been since I've seen one! These shots are just exquisite... thank you for this gift today... can't wait to share with the boys as I am sure they haven't seen one yet...
I am continually amazed at the close detail you capture in your photos of flowers. I'm not sure I've ever seen a real Lady Slipper, and it surprised me how much they look like the velvet slipper of a medieval maiden.
Thank you for your kind comment on my rain photos - coming from you it means a lot!
41 comments:
They do look like tiny, elegant slippers that perhaps a little doll would wear.
Nature is amazing.
Superb shots Susan! (accidental alliteration ;-)
If they grow in Minnesota, they should do well in my neck of the woods, but I've never seen them here.
I don't think I've ever seen one close up! I know they are a wildflower, but aren't they some kind of orchid? They really look like one!
Love the Lady Slippers.
These are new to me - how beautiful.
We don't see too many Lady Slippers around these parts. When I was a youngster and found one growing in the forest, I thought is was a amazing. How incredible is Our Creator? We only need to open our eyes and look around.
Beautiful post.
A very beautiful flower ~ very rare here in the Prairie provinces of Canada. They used to grow wild ~ not any more! :(
Wow, I didn't know that slippers grew on plants, way cool!
Have to laugh at Brian's comment!!!
You capture the most amazing photographs!!
Beautiful!!
The variety of God's creations continue to astound me!!!
No wonder it's Minnesota's State Flower...it's exquisite in its unfolding.
Delicately beautiful!
Oh, Wow! Great photography! And I like the beauty of your new heading, too.
So delightful...can I get a pair for my wife? ;-0
their almost tropical...
so gorgeous.
The way you've photographed the flower really shows off its name. Delightful.
This brought back many childhood memories... I wonder what happened to our Lady Slipper plants. :/
well done!
beautiful images
Great captures.Really even flowers have great moodswings like girls.
Simply beautiful! In the midst of the AZ desert, these delicate flowers made my day!
Delighted to stop by today. I hope you don't mind if I splash around a bit to get to know you. THis looks like a nice place to slip off my shoes and soak in serious goodness.
Splashin,
Sara
It takes my breath away.
These are so pretty. We have the Yellow Lady Slipper on our yard,thanks to a friend of mine who brought me a clump.
I have seen ones like this once before.
Blessings,Ruth
I've not seen one around here in Ohio. I loved how you captured the stages and the minute detail. Breathtaking.
this slipper is truly ready for Cinderella. first time for me to see one and it is lovely
Demure indeed. Then... oh! That unabashed pink. Gorgeous.
Beautiful series of shots! We don't often see this flower around here and it was great to see it open in front of me!
I saw a couple when we were up on the North Shore a few weeks ago -- I hadn't seen one since I was a kid camping in CT. So beautiful -- so unique. Your photos are absolutely stunning.
Beautiful beautiful beautiful!
Oh my - did not know what those were called. They are so beautiful!!
That was the clearest shots i have ever seen in this blog... very elegant and fascinating!!!:D
God Bless!!!:)
>kelvin
Mysterious, magical, magnificent... and just dazzling... Beautiful photos, Susan! I have small feet, maybe I could wear lady's slipper? ;o) Happy Day ((HUGS))
Do you know how long it has been since I've seen one! These shots are just exquisite... thank you for this gift today... can't wait to share with the boys as I am sure they haven't seen one yet...
I picked one when I was a kid. Didn't know I wasn't supposed to. I was sure I was going to jail.
Beautiful!
Quite the story you have captured and shared. What beauty!
Blessings.
I am continually amazed at the close detail you capture in your photos of flowers. I'm not sure I've ever seen a real Lady Slipper, and it surprised me how much they look like the velvet slipper of a medieval maiden.
Thank you for your kind comment on my rain photos - coming from you it means a lot!
So elegant, so beautiful. Your photography perfectly showcases these sweet ladies and I love the progression of bud to flower.
stunning...absolutely exciting!
-Jennifer
a beauty filled opening .. just filled with color and curve
I love ladies slipper. Such dainty flowers.
Thank you for sharing the beauty of this most delicate flower in such a lovely way :)
Stunning!
State flower--- did not know that, and how beautiful. I am on the Butterfly Garden Journey with you. Just thought I would drop by.
... drama queen ...
Love it, Susan!
Post a Comment