If it's true that beauty comes from ashes - and I believe it can - then it's certainly possible that beauty grows and blooms where tears have fallen and unwanted intrusions have occurred. But we have to be looking for it!
Last night I spent an hour talking to my peony farmer friend from back in Oregon. Her field blooms are scattered and late. Last year I walked among the beauties and this year I am desperately missing them. And my friends.
Thank you for the beauty and kindness. I think you must have written it for me?
I had to go back and look for the ant. How do you DO that?! I believe that if we allow God to work through all the tears and wear and tear of life, that beauty does emerge.
*sigh*... these photos are especially dazzling, Susan! Gorgeous beauty unfolding... I think there is a certain amount of pleasure and pain with development, growth and blooming... Happy Weekend... Oh, I'm celebrating my blogiversary this weekend with a little gift giveaway--stop by if you can. ((HUGS))
Beautiful! When I took my pictures of my peonies this year, I was surprised to find little ants all over them. I guess their sweetness is too gooey to resist.
i remember the childhood intrique with peonies...did the ants actually open the petals? was that their job? fun......to ponder. then the TRUTH CAME with adulthood...
33 comments:
The lushness of peonies is the stuff of poetry.
Beautiful images and words, as always.
that is where a certainn kind of beauty blooms, i think.
There is beauty there, inside and out!
oh my how I love this.....maybe that is where the really precious jewels are formed, mined and polished until they shine. Rare gems, those:)
-Jennifer
Love the photos and accompanying words. (That little ant is a star for sure! lol)
Wow - great words to contemplate - and images, too!
some beauty only blooms in the tears and intrusions I believe.
such amazing photos!!
i can almost smell the lovely fragrance peonies have.
Beautiful!
Very nice. Both photos and thoughts.
I love the ant in the first shot.
Wonderful thoughts and photos.
If it's true that beauty comes from ashes - and I believe it can - then it's certainly possible that beauty grows and blooms where tears have fallen and unwanted intrusions have occurred. But we have to be looking for it!
yes...
lovely photos sue. xox
Just gorgeous!
Oh, that 3rd image is something! Wow.
Last night I spent an hour talking to my peony farmer friend from back in Oregon. Her field blooms are scattered and late. Last year I walked among the beauties and this year I am desperately missing them. And my friends.
Thank you for the beauty and kindness. I think you must have written it for me?
Blessings.
Exquisite photographs...perfect words. Inspiring.
That intrusions and tears yield beauty is not fair. But perfect.
You have captured the peony's fleeting beauty wonderfully! Very beautiful...errrr...the ant...not so much. :)
Beautiful petals and the shot with the ant is very fitting for this series of peony images.
you have captured unusual angles to add to the beauty of this bloom..we do not get peonies where i live...too hot i think...blessings friend ELK
The answer is 'not necessarily' but oft seems to be.
Love those peonies, and your series.
Lovely flowers, beautiful photos and inspiring words!
I had to go back and look for the ant. How do you DO that?!
I believe that if we allow God to work through all the tears and wear and tear of life, that beauty does emerge.
*sigh*... these photos are especially dazzling, Susan! Gorgeous beauty unfolding... I think there is a certain amount of pleasure and pain with development, growth and blooming... Happy Weekend... Oh, I'm celebrating my blogiversary this weekend with a little gift giveaway--stop by if you can. ((HUGS))
I want to be that ant. :)
Beautiful! When I took my pictures of my peonies this year, I was surprised to find little ants all over them. I guess their sweetness is too gooey to resist.
You capture it here.
great pictures...the last one especially. these pictures make those flowers look good enough to eat...
For me, the peonies are an analogy of the day, unfolding minute by minute, to release a plethora of emotions.
i like your new headder...
it's beautiful
Crystal Clear it's like these drops of water are on my screen instead of on the flowerbuds.
Great. D.
i remember the childhood intrique with peonies...did the ants actually open the petals? was that their job? fun......to ponder. then the TRUTH CAME with adulthood...
The beauty of nature! And you have captured it perfectly.
I think nothing is as beautiful as a peony. Nothing.
really lasting beauty...look in the mirror. xox
Post a Comment