Friday, March 12, 2010

Strength ~


In
quietness
and
trust


is
your strength
Isaiah 30:15

25 comments:

kelvin s.m. said...

...oh soo true!!!:) you are making such a wonderful tales on each photo you had... thanks for always inspiring!!!:)

Good day!!!:)

Keep safe!!!:)

>kelvin

WhiteStone said...

amen indeed
and along with that, joy!

Mrs. E said...

Oh.... yellow roses! You make my day!

donna said...

The yellow rose.....joy and friendship.

donna

Vicky said...

These are beautiful! The yellow is like a blast of sunshine :) Thanks for the scripture today.

Glenda said...

One of my very favorite Scriptures!

Kathleen Overby said...

Another smile, another picture, another poem.

beth said...

to answer your question....
a casa is a court appointed special advocate-sometimes referred to as a guardian ad litem. I was trained to work with children in foster care, group homes and pregnant teen homes. I went to court every week on behalf of my "kids" and would have 2 long term cases at a time and always added a few short term cases to my schedule. I usually would butt heads with their social workers as our game plans almost always were different....the juvenile court judge always had the final say, but I almost always won my cases. my job was to advocate on behalf on the child and I took that very seriously...the last thing I wanted was for a child to get her hopes up of living with mom again only to
be told nope, not yet. I kept it as real as I possibly could and spent hours each week with these kids unlike the social workers who have very little time in their schedules to actually "see" these kids....I was able to take them to parks and out for lunch to really get to know and understand them. it was the most amazing 3 years of my life...and near the end before we had to move, I was also doing some of the training for the new people volunteering....if you are at all interested, look for the local casa chapter in your area....you won't be disappointed.

ELK said...

a favorite verse...and flower..

georgia b. said...

thank you for these wise life-giving words of wisdom today.

i always know i can come here for that sort of encouragement.

Steve Gravano said...

Beautiful yellow roses. And a good verse to go with them also.

Anonymous said...

Yellow...such a wonderful 'feel good' color! Lovely.

Connie said...

Thank you for the beautiful roses and the inspiring words.

Jewels said...

Beautiful Susan!

Dawning Inspiration said...

Very lovely.

rachel awes said...

i know this much is true.
thank you for sharing this peace at the close of a day.

Anonymous said...

beautiful in all ways

Kass said...

The older I get, the more I know this to be true. I've always been quite dramatic and talkative, but the serenity I feel from being more quiet and really listening deeply is a blessing.

christina said...

yes, isn't that true.
a beautiful yellow.

Tracy said...

...quietness and trust... oh, yes... Very beautiful post, Susan :o) ((HUGS))

Jeff Jordan said...

Always a new blessing when stopping in...
Jeff

Brian's Home Blog said...

There is a truth there!!!

James Owens said...

A wonderful burst of color ... the sun returning at the end of such long cold....

MedaM said...

Lovely, indeed both words and flowers! Wonderful photo!

Kerri Farley said...

wonderful verse!!