Thursday, March 4, 2010

Story People Advice ~

*Edited to include recipe at bottom :-)

don't usually
advise
eating chocolate
for
breakfast
unless
you're absolutely convinced
that's
the
kind of advice
you
need
{quote by story people}


oh, yes
it
was
just
the kind of advice
I
needed!

29 comments:

Lisa said...

Okay Firstly I kind of really feel cheated, I love chocolate and then I saw this picture of something chocolatey, ooey-gooey and delicious.

Then I scrolled down and couldn't see the recipe...Ahem... really.. my hips are begging for it! Honest!

I will take that advice anyday also!

S. Etole said...

I'll get to work on it, Lisa ... and try an update ... thanks!

Maureen said...

My reaction was the same as Lisa's on seeing that picture: I'd like the recipe.

I'm usually not much for desserts but these bars look particularly scrumptious.

Steve Gravano said...

Well Susan, I think there's a blog law that says if you have a scrumptious looking food photograph it must accompany the recipe. Boy that looks good!

S. Etole said...

This is just funny ... okay, people, recipe should be there ... they are really delicious and so chucked full of goodies I rarely make them ... it'll break the bank!

Lisa said...

WOOT!! WOOT!!
My chocolate lovin heart says,
THANK-YOU!

Kat_RN said...

This seems to be a chocolate kind of day. Maybe I will try them too. How about a large mug of Hot Cocoa?
Kat

cristie said...

love the chickadee at the top of your page...and thanks for a yummy recipe! xox

WhiteStone said...

I love seeing photos of chocolatey goodness...I peruse their goodness...then I walk right on by their tempting delishiousness!

red or gray art said...

isn't that amazing we would use story people the same day .yours is Tastier by far!!

Anonymous said...

that looks just scrumptious.

Tracy said...

Normally I like something savory for breakfast, but this might convert me...LOL! Delicious... Thanks so much for sharing this recipe and fun this morning, Susan! Happy Weekend :o) ((HUGS))

donna said...

It's my lucky day.....you've started an advice column and your advice sounds very good. Thanks for the recipe.

donna

nitewrit said...

Hmmm. I see the recipe, will probably print it for my wife's collection.

Larry

Steve Gravano said...

Thanks, next weekend when my sons are both home for spring break I'll have something new to cook up form them!

Laura said...

Susan,

These look very yummy.

I just came from HCB. YOur photo there created such a stillness inside. I am proud for you :) Such a beautiful image.

You are pretty good at that photoplay :)

Anonymous said...

Oh my...I think I gained 5lbs just looking at the picture! I think chocolate for breakfast should be experienced at least once in one's life time...no? :)

Have a lovely lovely day Susan!
Hugs, Catherine

Brian's Home Blog said...

Oh my Dad would love it!

spread your wings said...

those sound delicious. i bet my daughter would take that advice- she would enjoy making them and eating them.

Lucille said...

I have always wanted this recipe and now I've got it, but I have never seen marshmallow creme here and a whole jar looks like a vital ingredient.

S. Etole said...

Lucille - the marshmallow creme is put on the bars right after you take them out of the oven and forms the first layer of the frosting. After that has cooled you put on the chocolate frosting, so I'm not quite sure what you could replace it with.

Kass said...

OOOoooh, don't tempt me. These look delicious and I've been comforting myself way too much with chocolate lately.

Vicky said...

I peeked at these this morning and came back to admire them more closely this afternoon. They look divine and I have personally never found any Story People advice to be not worth taking!

Pugelicious said...

Chocolate any time of the day in my world - these look yummy - will definitely give them a try.

kelvin s.m. said...

...wow, it looks very sweet and delicious... but poor me... 'can't eat it because of my allergy... anyhow, thanks for sharing... i'm already content by just lookin' at eat and see how people enjoyed it as much as you did!!!:)

Good day!!!:)

A blessed weekend!!:)

>Kelvin

Connie said...

For some reason my mouth feels the need to drool uncontrollably..lol

SiLa said...

What a happy chocolate crowd you attracted with this photograph :))))

georgia b. said...

oh, yum!
thanks for the recipe.
i just may have to try making these.

Joie Moring said...

anything with 2 sticks of (fat)!!! s'gotta be good. ;)