Monday, March 15, 2010

Looking ~

I went
looking
for
the green
of 
spring


but
found
instead


the
fingerprint


of
winter


26 comments:

Anonymous said...

Beautiful photos and words! Good job!

Bonnei

Tea with Tiffany said...

Loved popping by tonight. Love your pics.

Dawning Inspiration said...

I love going looking for something in particular and finding something even more beautiful than imagined...

Kass said...

One does superimpose upon the other in a quite beautiful way. Lovely pictures, especially when clicked to enlarge.

kelvin s.m. said...

Oooh!!! really really nice...!!!:D

Good day!!!:)

Blessings!!!:)

>Kelvin

Beth said...

Beautiful---wonderful post to view to begin my morning with. :)

donna said...

Very interesting photos, lots of rich texture. We don't see as many white birch trees in WI as in the past. I think they've been over harvested, suffered from an insect infestation problem and are known to be short-lived.

They are white birch, aren't they?

donna

Glynn said...

We're all looking for the green of spring right now. Beautiful, Susan.

Kelly Sauer said...

I like that - "the fingerprint of winter..."

Anonymous said...

Sigh...still a bit of snow there I see. We don't really have any snow left but I sure don't see any signs of spring yet either. Hopefully soon ~ let's keep watching for it Susan! :)

Mary said...

Fantastic photographs!!!

Yea, winter's fingerprints are readily apparent here too!!

But the daffodils are blooming!!
And I see peeks of other wonderful things!!

Jewels said...

Interesting! Nice color.

Vicky said...

What a lovely way to describe it and those shots are just beautiful! Rumor has it the sun is due out today!! Blessings Susan!

Jeanne Frances Klaver said...

so striking...you should publish your things in a book...so creative with words and photos

Louise Gallagher said...

Nice.

Your photos are stunning.

Thank you for sharing your beauty with such grace.

Louise

Steve Gravano said...

Beautiful color it these four photos. I love how vivid they are. Hang in there spring is on the way.

Kathleen Overby said...

Love the texture and little bit 'o green hope hiding in it. I like what you see, lassy.

ELK said...

what a wonderful fingerprint you found..

Maureen said...

And we'll be having a bit o'Irish spring tomorrow.

Beautiful photos and text.

Glenda said...

The fingerprints of winter are beautiful, too! Your observant eyes and your unique perspective, both in your words and your photos, are a blessing.

S. Etole said...

Yes, Donna, they are white birch. I have rarely seen moss this green on them.

The comments all of you have left have added a spring to my day ... thank you.

spread your wings said...

oh i really love this - your way of seeing.

Laura said...

I love the green you found :)

May we please say goodbye to winter?

Brian's Home Blog said...

Green is everywhere, well, almost!

SimplyDarlene said...

Love it all, Susan.

Laura--I would actually like some winter our way! I will trade you ;-)

Dagmar said...

I'm in love with all of these.