Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Hanging On ~


not readily letting go of
giving up
or
separated from an object
that one holds
~
spring
yesterday

19 comments:

Pugelicious said...

Love the word - so powerful - great image too.

Sarah Knight said...

great pic, very apt.

Beth said...

I have a feeling you know a lot about tenacity. Such a good word and so descriptive of the Christian walk. We need tenacity to hold on to Him and His Word.

Anonymous said...

Looks like there is some sun filtering through that leaf!

rachel awes said...

great picture of tenacity!
i love the light coming through the grip & how we aren't alone in such a moment.

Unknown said...

I think of this when I see all of the oak trees here too.
Those leaves that have clung with tenacity all winter, waiting to be pushed off by the new.

Vicky said...

I love seeing the veins of the dried leaf :) I also love how you make sense out of the world with metaphors for life found in your natural surroundings. Such an exquisite outlook you have! I admire it so.

Kass said...

Have you ever thought of a book of photo definitions like this? It would be entirely delightful.

Brian's Home Blog said...

An admirable trait...in every species!

SimplyDarlene said...

Wow. It takes more than a seeking eye to find beauty like this. It takes a humble heart...

Blessings.

ELK said...

yay spring...one could learn a lesson or two in this stunning shot!

Glenda said...

Susan, your eyes and your soul see so much more than most of us! Thank you for capturing those moments and sharing them with us! This pic reminds me of the Scripture that tells us to "hold fast."

Mrs. E said...

Very cool. And tenacity is a good word!

Joyce said...

A wonderful image. Doesn't it almost look like a robe or wing?! xo

Relyn Lawson said...

tenacity - such a marvelous word to ponder

Kala said...

Tenacity is the perfect word for this image.

Dawning Inspiration said...

That IS a good word. TENACITY. Thanks for sharing that. I think I'll have to ponder that for a while today.

Paul C said...

The English oak in our neck of the woods always keep their leaves until the new spring buds appear. Great shot.

Dagmar said...

Oh totaly forgot to tell you that I love your new layout.

And this picture it looks like theres a bat hanging to dry...or enjoying the first sunbeams.

Great shot.