"Of all the words denoting moral excellence,
goodness is the broadest in meaning.
It describes an excellence
so well established
that it is thought of as inherent or innate
and
it is associated with
kindness, generosity, helpfulness, and sincerity."
~
goodness
not just something
one does
but something
one
is
~
the above definition
gave
gave
a whole new meaning
to
one of my favorite Psalms
~
What, what would have become of me
had I not believed
that
I would see the Lord's goodness
in the land of the living!
Ps 27:13
~ May you experience His goodness as you go about your day ~
You can find more posts on "goodness"
on
Bridget Chumbley's site
~ May you experience His goodness as you go about your day ~
You can find more posts on "goodness"
on
Bridget Chumbley's site

36 comments:
Well written. The photograph is beautiful. I love the contrast and tones.
Love this photo ~ I find it calming. Black and whites, always a favorite! Have a wonderful day Susan!
Goodness encompasses so many fine things -- behaviour and so much beyond that.
I love the whole--something one is! So true.
Lovely, Susan.
Praise God, for He is good!
Yes, it's what He is, not just does.
Love these thoughts, God is always good though we don't always understand...
funny thing...i was thinking about this topic a couple of days ago and what struck me is that we all have an innate feeling for what is good. it really needs no definition because the Spirit bears witness always to what is good. xox
Goodness abounds on your blog! You help me to see it in unexpected places.
Such comforting words . . . so beautifully expressed! "Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me all the days of my life . . . "
Gorgeous photo and beautiful words, Susan. Thank you!
i love this. thank you for sharing your beautiful thoughts!
Love the picture...and, a good heart is hard to hide...it welcomes everyone who finds their way to you.
Jeff
That is a Psalm I cling to every day. Thank you!
I think I am finding, that you embody goodness. It is perhaps why I find myself so drawn to your words and photos. Thank you for this insightful and new way to read this scripture!
Blessings Susan!
Your blog is always filled with "goodness." Have a great day Susan. xx
isn't that the truth....
the biggest compliment someone could give me, would be by saying "that girl is just filled with goodness"
Thank you, Susan. Thank you.
Goodness surpasses all,
Great words
It seems that your heart drips His goodness all over your words and photographs. Beautiful.
Blessings.
When I think of goodness, I think of you, Susan. It's always such a pleasure to stop by your blog.
donna
I feel blessed with goodness to have dropped in for a visit today.
Thank you susan! Quite beautiful.
Louise
Goodness. Not a doing but a being.
Beautiful post.
TRUTH! a simple truth! :)
Patrina <")>><
Lovely image in monochrome.
I love this..."goodness...not just something one does, but something one is." Such a gently worded bold reminder that we are called to be, not just called to do.
The black and white photograph is absolutely lovely. I see the Lord's goodness every day - I am blessed and your beautiful photography is another blessing. Thank you for the reminder, I do not think of Him often enough.
Very true...i love the words... deeply inspiring and awesomely matches the photo... thank you for sharing!!!:D
Good day!!!:)
Keep safe!!!:)
>Kelvin
GOODNESS is something one IS... We are Good, we are LOVE. :o) Happy Day, Susan ((HUGS))
We seem to have an inborn appreciation of goodness. Like art, we may not be able to define it always, but we know it when we see it....
Your photos and words go hand in hand my friend.xo
Both the thoughts and the photo are so beautiful. Thank you.
Oh this post touches my heart. So many people think they will not find goodness until they pass out of the land of what we call the living. With a simple change it attitude, what Joy they could experience right here. Thank you for the beautiful thought and photo.
My friend, you are getting better and better. Your skills just keep growing.
your goodness post is gooder than mine.
Thank you. Very beautiful.
Post a Comment