Friday, February 5, 2010

Winter's Designs ~


The
dots and the dashes
 black splotches
red splashes
some
cold
icy patches
 
all winter's
attire
mostly seen
through
the
sashes

30 comments:

Devika Jyothi said...

Oh! this is interesting, Susan...with a tinge of humour :)

Great photos to match,

wishes,
devika

Mrs. E said...

Great words and images. I love that photo of the wheel!

CDScott said...

Very nice! But you got me on the first one...what is it?

Steve Gravano said...

Beautiful collection. My favorite is the bottom image, The textures and light are beautiful. I also like the woodpecker photo. You have a God given talent photographing birds.

donna said...

Susan, wishing you a warm (warmish), sunny day. Your blog always warms me up.

Something about the last photo made me stare at it for the longest time. Nice.

donna

Glynn said...

Beautiful photos, Susan. And some playfulness, too.

Maureen said...

This post made me smile, Susan.

I like the poem, too, especially the last stanza.

Anonymous said...

LOL ~ you have a little bit of the Dr Seuss gift for rhyme! Love it!

Michelle DeRusha said...

You are so clever -- love the rhymes! I did a series of photos awhile back of scenes through "the sashes" -- it was simply lack of desire to go outside in the winter snow...but it led to some cool pictures!

Love that downy woodpecker -- we have a guy who visits our suet feeder in the backyard, too.

Thanks for becoming a follower of Graceful!

Laura said...

So beautiful! I love the way you see.

S. Etole said...

CD - the first photo is a small birch tree branch {about 4 ft. long} that is mounted on the wall in the utility room. There are photos hung on the wall nestled in the branch. This is just a small section of it. I know it sounds "unusual" but it looks kinda neat.

Brian's Home Blog said...

You managed to make a yucky season look beautiful! Have a great weekend!

Anonymous said...

You're so clever!
Hang in there Susan, the first day of spring is only 43 days away - well at least on the calendar :P

Unknown said...

yes - we often are on the inside looking out this time of the year - but my goodness the world of things to see from between the sashes :)

Pugelicious said...

Love the second image. That really does look like an icy winter you are experiencing.

ELK said...

what a perfect photo with each line..the white and bright in each is fabulous!

Connie said...

Loved the rhyme and the photos. Have a great weekend!

Anonymous said...

love how youve managed to capture the perfect image for each line.

Tracy said...

So much visual and textural delight...each a beautiful moment in time... You serenity and dwelling in the moment, I admire very much, Susan! Happy Weekend :o) ((HUGS))

Janean said...

i adore the way you describe winter!!!! fab photos too.

cristie said...

photos and verse...delightful! xox

Paul C said...

Love the imitative harmony and playfulness too. Great combination of words and images.

Memories Of Mine said...

Your new blog header is stunning.

James Owens said...

Great shots. I'm jealous of this woodpecker -- I've been trying to get a shot of one of those for days when I go for an afternoon walk! I like the poem, too -- reminds me of Frost -- both kinds :-)

Ann Marie said...

so so happy to have found your blog...wonderful photos and lovely words: my two most favorite things in the world. thank you so much for this blog!

Vicky said...

I think you remind me what there is to love about winter :) Such good photos. I always enjoy my visits here. Plus I love watching your blog grow! Blessings Susan!

Dagmar said...

Ha love them. you took some great shots here completed with wonderful God given words.

Unknown said...

You bless every time.
All the time.
Thank you

Jeanne Frances Klaver said...

Each photo a gift...

CountryDreaming said...

What a clever and creative picture poem!