Monday, January 11, 2010

The Seed ~



awaiting
a birth
place
this tree
in
the making

29 comments:

Pat@Back Porch Musings said...

Beautiful photo!

nancy neva gagliano said...

symbolic, yes.
awaiting ...

Brian's Home Blog said...

The poor little thing needs a jacket or something to keep warm!

Dawning Inspiration said...

Simply beautiful!

MedaM said...

This seed on a white fresh snow really looks so lovely and dainty. Beautiful photo!

Mrs. E said...

Sometimes I feel like that seed!

Kass said...

Beautifully fragile image.

Chris said...

Nice. Composition is my weak point. (and my eyes are not aging well.) You nailed this shot. Is it a crop?

S. Etole said...

Yes, Chris ... I took it through the window of my door so wanted to bring it in a little closer.

WhiteStone said...

Seeds. Amazing things, aren't they! Beautiful.

Devika Jyothi said...

Nice additions, and congrats on the award, Susan :)

wishes,
devika

S. Etole said...

Devika - I have visited your blog and enjoy your writing but I am unable to leave comments there. Thank you for your visits here and the comments you leave.

Devika Jyothi said...

Thank you, Susan :)

yes, sadly, i had to close comments for certain reasons,

wishes,
devika

Anonymous said...

it always amazes me how a gigantic tree begins with just a tiny seed.

cristie said...

how in the heck did you spot that? very nice. xox

Doug Spurling said...

Beautiful. I love how you see the tree in the seed. Those are eyes that see through the eyes of The Creator. Thank you for sharing the view.

Anonymous said...

I like it! Now if the snow would just go away so that little seed could get into the earth to grow!

Sigh...spring seems so far away...

Anonymous said...

What a beautiful photo - so symbolic of the New Year. Thanks for visiting.

Sara said...

that's a lovely photo!! Thank you for visiting :)

beth said...

i'm waiting for the snow to melt too so that I may have a new birthing place for 2010.....and to be even half as powerful as a tree would be amazing....

Jennifer @ JenniferDukesLee.com said...

I spent a bit of time here
and there
losing myself in your photos
and words.

Thank you ...

suzanna said...

oh i love this. makes me wonder what is to come...

Lorrie said...

Oooo, I love poetry, especially when it's just under a beautiful photo! Very nice.

Thanks for visiting my place today :-)

James Owens said...

This is beautiful, the simple purity of both the photo and the text. And you evoke such powerful mysteries of time and creation....

Steve Gravano said...

Beautiful photo. I love the detail.

Dagmar said...

God has great ways of showing us ... life.

Jeanne Frances Klaver said...

Oh, poetry, visual and words. Beautiful!

ELK said...

such anticipation in this image!

spread your wings said...

i love coming here. your words and photos are so poetic.