When I first heard “those words,” I was quite young … 22 to be exact … I didn’t realize I was young … one of the novelties of youth ... imagining yourself older, wiser than you really are. Irreversible predicaments hadn’t been a part of my life up to that point … answered prayer had been … overcoming challenges had been ... albeit, in retrospect, they were very minor challenges. But then … life changed. And when the Dr. looked at me with tears in his eyes and said those words … well … to be honest ... I was more concerned with his emotional distress than I was with my physical distress. They say ignorance is bliss … one could safely say I was very ignorant at that point even though I wasn’t exactly what you would call blissful either. I hurt … bad. I had no knowledge of spinal cord injuries. I had no idea that when he said, “You. will. never. ...” that it would prove to be true … at least up until this point. Remember … answered prayer … remember ... youth {immortal at that age}.
God will take care of me ... those were my words to him.
Quite frankly ... I had no idea
of the road that lay ahead
~~~
If you haven't already been there,
I'd encourage you to pop on over to Mr. Coffey's site
and read his article entitled
When the siren sounds.
It is a good reminder
of what we need to focus on
when life
takes a direction
we hadn't
anticipated.
of the road that lay ahead
~~~
If you haven't already been there,
I'd encourage you to pop on over to Mr. Coffey's site
and read his article entitled
When the siren sounds.
It is a good reminder
of what we need to focus on
when life
takes a direction
we hadn't
anticipated.
2 comments:
Life almost never takes the path we anticipate, though I think some of us get easier curves than others of us. This is a wonderful post. You leave me wanting much more of your story. However, you give me just enough to be able to empathize. Your faith is amazing!
Wonderful post!
Post a Comment