Monday, May 23, 2011

Outlook ~


the wall
around the window
does not create
two worlds
Henri Matisse
~ ~ ~
mosaic work
done by volunteers
on a repurposed
school building near here



27 comments:

Jennifer Richardson said...

Heart singing over the
mosaic beauty.....just makes me
smile to my bones!!!
Love,
Jen

Ruth Hiebert said...

A lot of love has gone into this creation.The artists should be very proud of their accomplishments.

Anonymous said...

my eyes are soaking up the little colourful bits and pieces.

:-)

Christine said...

In our small community, they enlisted high school art students to create a mural in the local youth drop in centre. This sense of owning their hangout gives them a sense of belonging and in turn they will respect and care for the building. I love this mosaic, perhaps all schools should have an in house art project that continues year to year, on the outside beautifying the building and the students will respect and care for what goes on inside of it. Just thinking.

Patricia said...

I love the way the river of life and music and praise breaks right through our walls. What a wonderful piece.

Jennifer @ JenniferDukesLee.com said...

This makes me smile ... that someone would take the time to make something so beautiful on a repurposed building. Fabulous.

Rick said...

Great work by those volunteers - and nicely captured and introduced. Love the quote by Matisse.

Unknown said...

What a great idea looks great.

Beth said...

I'm with Nance on soaking up the bits and pieces. I bet I could stop and stare at that wall each day for awhile and see something different. Beautiful.

Anonymous said...

Wow, beautiful work! Small pieces of color coming together to form one mosaic - kind of like life.
Andie

Mari said...

What a neat window!

Reena said...

I love it when repurposing the old. Now if they could just find a way for us humans!

Anonymous said...

So pretty ~ someone is very creative!
xo Catherine

Dawning Inspiration said...

What talent and creativity!
Beautiful!

MadSnapper n Beau said...

intriguing and beautiful

Maureen said...

What a delight for the yes.

cristie said...

love the way you captured this mosaic beauty! xox

Kim@stuffcould.... said...

Beauty is what I would call these pics!

Jewels said...

Wow, those are beautiful!

Louise Gallagher said...

What a brilliant creation!

Susan Cowger said...

Interesting the power that art has. I cannot help but think that heaven will be an embodiment of art.

SimplyDarlene said...

I love the 3-D flowers best. It's a beautiful find miss Susan, I hope you get to pass by it often.

Blessings.

ELK said...

now that is a true moment of giving back ..just beautiful~~

Sandy K. said...

Absolutely gorgeous. And where DO you find the perfect quotes for your photos?!

Sandra Heska King said...

I could savor this for hours.

Anonymous said...

I love all the color! Great photos!

dnphotography said...

Wow that is a beautiful