"So, Advent is not waiting on tiptoe for Santa Claus to appear.
It is gradually allowing ourselves to remember
what unfathomable hope there emerges
in God’s identifying with the human realm
so fully that it embraces and reverses
even the loss of hope."
Laurence Freeman
* * *
"You keep us waiting.
You, the God of all time, want us to wait.
For the right time in which to discover
Who we are, where we are to go,
Who will be be with us,
and what we must do.
So thank you ...
for the waiting time."
John Bell
* * *
Wait on the LORD:
be of good courage,
and he shall strengthen your heart:
wait, I say, on the LORD.
Psalm 27:14
14 comments:
Well said.
I agree with Ruth on well said and the photo is beautiful.. my first time reading the John Bell quote. i like that a lot
Every year more and more of the mystery is revealed in Advent so that there is more mystery. What insightful quotes to add to the learning.
Beautiful candle, beautiful thoughts. I was just commenting to a blogger who was so tired of waiting. But God does put us through periods of waiting, waiting for his own perfect time.
Perfect. He already knows every single moment of our life..we need to be less impatient and wait for the right paths to be shown to us, all in His time.
Truer words have not been said but it doesn't alter the fact that it may be a difficult journey. I have really enjoyed reading your advent thoughts. Merry Christmas special lady.....
Such beautiful words!!
Wishing you a beautiful week!
xo Catherine
I came by to visit from 'Behind the Garden Gate' and I was blessed beyond what I imagined possible tonight. The Scripture was just the reminder I needed to wait and be of good courage - and HE will give strength. Thank you for the beautiful photo and the quotations and Scripture. I'll be back again.
~Adrienne~
I used to think waiting a sign of weakness, in my younger, less wizened days.
Now I see patience as the hallmark
of maturity
and love.
thanks for nudging my heart
open, more open, to the wait:)
-Jennifer
Beautiful words, beautiful photo. God bless you, Susan.
Blessings and love to you, Susan. Thankful for your Advent messages… waiting… yes.
I love this perspective on waiting!
Waiting is such a hard discipline for me - but when we wait with hope it is so much easier.
Beautiful as always, Susie.
Post a Comment