Monday, November 3, 2014

Lamplight ~

"May it be a light to you in dark places,
when all other lights go out."
J.R.R. Tolkien
*  *  *
Your word is a lamp to my feet,
 and a light to my path.
 Psalm 119:105
*  *  *
the days grow shorter
yet His word gives light

22 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good Evening, Susan. Such a beautiful verse and photo. Wishing you a relaxing evening.

Bethany Carson said...

Lovely photo, verse, and quote! Blessings to you!

Nancy said...

Shorter days gives us all the more time to spend in His Word..I love the Psalms….

Laura said...

So beautiful Susan, thank you for this.

Ruth Hiebert said...

Praise God that His Word does not change with the seasons.

elizabeth said...

Thank God that He is the Light that overcomes the darkness!

Ginny Hartzler said...

Yes, you are right. BUT I still hate the early darkness! Your picture is just gorgeous, especially the super reflection.

Joan Elizabeth said...

What a beautiful old lamp and lovely use of light in your image.

Unknown said...

So Beautiful.. I LOVE this verse..

Hugs~

MadSnapper n Beau said...

Susan this photos is absolutely stunning.. as are the words so perfect for the photo.. thanks for sharing your pic and words..

Anita Johnson said...

What a perfectly timed post. I'm not a fan of the long evening darkness and I have been thinking about things to do in the evening. Perhaps finding a new Bible Study would be the perfect thing to do!

Debby Ray said...

Oh this is so very lovely and peaceful...what a beautiful shadow of that lamp on the wall. Lovely words as well.

Maureen said...

So lovely how the light collects.

ju-north said...

Such a lovely combination of image and words! You should write a devotional book with words and your images!

rjerdee said...

Gorgeous photograph, Susan...I love living in the (low) light of the evening...as well as in the dawn.

Linda said...

Such a warm, comforting picture, Susie. Yes - light and life.

Susan said...

Just beautiful. Makes me feel warm

Tracy said...

Dear Tolkien... I've always loved that line. And the Psalm is a heart-lifter too! We had a dusting of snow last night, and the nights are longer. :o) Happy Days, Susan ((HUGS))

Connie Smiley said...

So true, and such good encouragement!

Relyn Lawson said...

You did a beautiful job capturing the light in this image, friend.

Gayle said...

What a lovely and fitting post as the days get darker and shorter. Stay warm during this polar front that I am sure is headed your way. Thinking of you...

Jennifer Richardson said...

I love that Tolkien quote and always the scripture that pours out light....thank you.
Your images always stir my heart
and inspire my art:)
much thanks,
Jennifer