Sunday, November 23, 2014

Thanks-Giving ~

"There is something about the presence of a cat...
 that seems to take the bite out of being alone."
 Louis J. Camuti
*  *  *
Wishing you and yours a wonderful
time of Thanks-Giving 
in the days ahead
* * *
the pace will continue to
 be quiet here as
 we move
 into the season
 of
Advent
which you can
 read about

26 comments:

ju-north said...

Lovely cat portrait! Hope you had a good Thanksgiving

Jennifer Richardson said...

may a holy hush
hover over all:)
-Jennifer

Nava said...

I agree and Happy Thanksgiving to you also!

MadSnapper n Beau said...

so true about our pets and I hope you have a wonderful Thanksgiving.

Maryann said...

This is beautiful photo, I love the way the eyes of the cat seem to be lit up. Hope you have a wonderful Thanksgiving

Anonymous said...

I could not agree more about our pets. Sweet hugs to you and Callie and best wishes for a blessed Thanksgiving.

When is your new grandbaby due? Ours (great nephew) is due late January.

Ginny Hartzler said...

Beautiful, his fur looks so soft. Wishing you a wonderful Thanksgiving. We must also remember to be thankful for our beautiful kitties!

Jeanne said...

Such a great black and white shot of your cat. Lovely capture. Blessings as we move in to the advent season! A wonderful time for reflection

What Marty Sees said...

We are new cat owners...only had them a few months but just love them. There is something very soothing about holding one of them and hearing that soft purr :-)
We too are getting ready for Advent...gathering with some friends tomorrow to work on our wreaths!
Blessings to you.

Maureen said...

Wishing you the blessings of the season, Susan.

Linda P said...

Enjoy your quiet time with Callie.

Anita Johnson said...

Purrrrfect quote! Happy Thanksgiving to you too!

Ruth Hiebert said...

Have a wonderful Thanksgiving.

Lisa Gordon said...

Wishing you a beautiful Thanksgiving, Susan.

Joan Elizabeth said...

We don't have thanksgiving. A shame. I do hope you had a lovely time.

Anonymous said...

I most heartedly agree!
Callie is so beautiful!
xo Catherine

Nancy said...

This shot certainly captures Callie's beauty. And yes what would we do without our furry friends. I always look forward to the time of Advent and the reflection it brings. I hope your Thanksgiving is blessed beyond measure sweet lady….

Debby Ray said...

What a pretty kitty...and I love the quote. Of course, I would have to substitute the word "dog" for cat in my house :) May you and your family have a blessed Thanksgiving, Susan.

rjerdee said...

Happy Thanksgiving, Susan and blessed by the Advent season!!!

Anonymous said...

So true about cats, but it also holds true for dogs. I have one keeping me company at my feet right now. Wishing you a happy Thanksgiving!

Leslie said...

So glad you have your little Callie cat to brighten your days.

Rick said...

My ADD kicked in when I dropped by here yesterday - clicked on your Advent link and promptly got lost till today ...

I think animals can teach us a lot about thanks-giving - just watch how grateful they are for a scratch behind the ears or a simple treat.

Wishing you a good time of Thanks-Giving also.

caryjo said...

Well, as usual, I hope and know you will be filled with blessings. You are loved from around and about. Share my love with your family and friend connections. Miss you and all of them much. Bless you!

Lucille said...

I wish you a happy Thanksgiving Susan.

Kass said...

I don't currently have a cat, but viewing blogs like yours takes the sting out of being alone. Giving thanks.

Linda said...

Beautiful cat! You have a lovely blog.