vestiges
* * *
harbingers
everywhere a sign
of what was
and what is to come
* * *
"Nature to a saint is sacramental.
If we are children of God,
we have a tremendous treasure in Nature.
In every wind that blows,
in every night and day of the year,
in every sign of the sky,
in every blossoming
and in every withering of the earth,
there is a real coming of God to us
if we will simply use our
starved imagination to realize it."
Oswald Chambers


14 comments:
"...in every blossoming and in every withering of the earth...", those "signs of what was and what is to come" are potent reminders of our creator God. Thank you for these wonderful photos and the reminder, Susan.
So much lovely goodness! I hope you don't mind but I am going to borrow that Chambers quote for a blog post I am sharing tomorrow :-)
That's fine, Marty. Looking forward to your post.
I didn't starve my imagination today. Took my camera out to see what God had dreamed up this day. So much beauty right out the back door. Love the light on the wood pile. Looking forward to a fire soon….
Yes,the signs are all around us. Still I see so much beauty. have a wonderful weekend.
That is a wonderful quote, Susie. I love the changing of the seasons - always reminded of God's faithfulness.
I'm so overwhelming right now, all I can truly do is trust the Lord. He is IT, no matter what is going around and about. He is my Protector, Teacher, Encourager. Thanks for sharing. This was good.
Stunningly beautiful photographs! They depict the change in seasons very well.
I would much rather see a harbinger than a vestige any day. What is done is done, now to the future with hope! The wood sitting in the sun is a harbinger of winter for sure. Or the vestige of a tree.
The cycle of seasons is so comforting. God is in control.
so many pretty things to tell of the coming months.. the stock of logs is my favorite. it maybe not have the colors of the others but it pleases me to look at it, the sun and the shadows and the logs.
This quotes speaks to me on so many levels today. Thank you- sometimes there are thoughts in my head and I don't have a way of working through them- and then you offer an image, always married to the precise words that make both come alive and I leave better for having been here today. Thankful friend~ much love to you
Beautiful images that captures both the going and coming of a season in change!!
What a beautiful series of images, Susan.
Wishing you a wonderful weekend!
Post a Comment