Saturday, October 18, 2014

Seated ~




"I would rather sit on a pumpkin,
 and have it all to myself,
 than be crowded on a velvet cushion.” 
Henry David Thoreau
*  *  *
 preparing to rest
awhile
*  *  *
I do appreciate all of you
who stop by and the 
comments that you share

34 comments:

Terra said...

Have a nice rest, perhaps sitting upon a pumpkin.

Bethany Carson said...

Lovely photos! Ah! To have elbow room!

Ruth Hiebert said...

Lovely. Hope your days are filled with joy.

Ginny Hartzler said...

Love the quote! And how you make this little pumpkin have so many looks. Are you going on a break? I hope all is well, and that you are well.

elizabeth said...

I love all of the beautiful shots of this simple subject!

MadSnapper n Beau said...

although your pumpkins are beautiful art, i sure do no want to sit on one. LOL.. enjoy your rest. i do like space and not crowds.

Valerie Kamikubo said...

This is lovely, and I agree with Henry.

Unknown said...

All images are great, but the B&W ones do it for me.

Maureen said...

Love the mix or color and black and white photos.

Blessings, Susan.

Nancy said...

Now that's one quote I can identify with…..Love all your shots….I hope you got to have a good rest….

Rick said...

My sentiments exactly!

Enjoy putting that into practice!

Joan Elizabeth said...

Have a lovely rest. You pumpkins must be bigger than ours if you can sit on them.

Tracy said...

Ah, dear Thoreau... Give me pumpkins over velvet any day too! :o) Wishing you a LOVELY rest, Susan... may you find refreshment and rejuvenation in it. ((HUGS))

Laura said...

beautiful Susan, rest well.

Anonymous said...

I never heard that quote! Love it and your shots are great. Love the quality and tone of your photos. Thank you so much for stopping by and leaving a comment.

What Karen Sees said...

Simple and delightful compositions.

Mersad said...

Magnificent captures!

Mersad
Mersad Donko Photography

CarolHart said...

Love all of these images and your processing is superb!

Ceil said...

Hi Susan! I have seen that quote from Thoreau before and I always think...really?? They are so hard!

I hope you found a really soft place to rest, and woke refreshed. I enjoyed all the colors of these pumpkins. Or maybe you used different filters? Either way, they look so cute!
Blessings,
Ceil

Lisa Gordon said...

I so love the simplicity in each of these, Susan.

caryjo said...

Hmm! As usual, ya dun gooood!!! Bless you, Dear.

Carolyn said...

It's a good time of year for a lovely rest. Enjoy!
Carolyn

Carol Garvin said...

I always love your images, Susan. You and your wonderful lens have now managed to turn ordinary pumpkins into art!

Have a restful time now. I look forward to your return.

Vicky said...

Stopping in to say hello and hope your rest is soothing and peaceful. Love and prayers to you today! The quote makes me giggle in a good way :)

Anita Johnson said...

What a great quote, I couldn't agree more!

Lucille said...

And I too appreciate all your visits and the thoughtful postings. I hope you are having a restorative time.

Carola Bartz said...

Such beautiful still lives! Have a good rest - it's so important to take the time for that.

Laura Delegal - Leroy Photography said...

Cute words, I'd never read them before. Rest well.

Coloring Outside the Lines said...

Nice set of photos..perfect for the quote. Have a wonderful day!

Susan said...

Wonderful pictures, I love them! Have a good rest!

Connie Smiley said...

You gave me a smile today. Thanks!

Debby Ray said...

I always enjoy that quote when I see it. You captured that sweet little pumpkin quite well too. Enjoy your rest, sweet friend :)

Linda P said...

I trust that the rest is doing you good, Susan.

Gayle said...

Such an interesting study. I am looking forward to getting things finished and resting!