Saturday, October 4, 2014

Lanterns ~



it's been a good year for
more commonly known as
Chinese Lanterns
you can read more about them
*  *  *
"I am out with lanterns, looking for myself.”
Emily Dickinson
 
 

16 comments:

MadSnapper n Beau said...

they are incredible. glad you showed them hanging like this, i have seen closeup pics but not like this... and me to on out looking for myself with a lantern. and i am NOT wearing mink eyelashes. LOL

Linda said...

I love them, Susie. I seem to be searching for myself these days too.

Ginny Hartzler said...

I LOVE them! They are super colorful and so special. My friend gave me some cuttings from hers, but they did not do well. What a cute quote, and perfect for your beautiful picture. So these are yours? I have found that no Garden Centers seem to have them!

Beth said...

I had never seen them until I bought some fake ones. They're a cool flower.
Love the quote from Emily! :>)

Valerie Kamikubo said...

I love Chinese lanterns. I wish that I could grow them here.

helen tilston said...

Your Chinese lanterns are beautiful. I did have them in a previous garden and they were a harbinger of Autumn.

Helenxx

Carol Garvin said...

I haven't had these in my gardens for many years... not since we moved to this rural location. Might have to plant some next spring. :)

Maureen said...

These always delight me.

Lisa Gordon said...

I just love these, and it was indeed a very good year for them.

I hope you're having a wonderful weekend, Susan.

caryjo said...

So much fun to see your house pieces around and about. Made me smile just now. And that ain't a bad thing, doncha think?? ;-)

Anita Johnson said...

Yikes...I need to go see if mine survived the deer this year! I would have forgotten about them...your images are beautiful!

Bethany Carson said...

The Chinese lanterns are beautiful!

Tracy said...

WOW... on both the lanterns and the Dickison quote! That orange-flame color is just so gorgeous...mmm... Happy Autumn Days, Susan ((HUGS))

Lucille said...

I love these. I don't know why I've never grown them.

Vicky said...

These are so pretty and I don't know if I've seen them around here very much? I'll have to look closer now that I see you have them. I'm grinning, as I read your quote and see the lanterns.

Debby Ray said...

These are stunning! I have some dried ones that someone gave me several years ago...I get them out every year and scatter them here and there among my fall decorations. What a beautiful window dressing they make too!!