Sunday, May 4, 2014

Measured ~

Be a yardstick of quality.
  Some people aren't used to an environment
 where excellence is expected.
  Steve Jobs
*  *  *
And whatever you do, do it heartily,
 as to the Lord, and not to men;
Colossians 3:23

20 comments:

Patricia said...

Oh, that's a good one, Susan. xox

Anonymous said...

Steve Jobs was indeed an innovator!
xo Catherine

Carol Garvin said...

Good advice! I grew up hearing my father say things like, "Anything worth doing is worth doing well." :)

Ginny Hartzler said...

Steve Jobs may have expected perfection from everyone, good thing that God does not. SO glad we are not in Old Testament times!

Dea Moore said...

Excellence. Yes. So thankful for the innovative mind of Steve and for the computer I am typing on with the Apple on its back :)

Ruth Hiebert said...

Great quote.

SimplyDarlene said...

yes ma'am.

AND that bird image in your header--excellence at slowing down and basking in His beauty.

blessings.

helen tilston said...

I love the analogy of Steve Jobs wishdom which is in likeness to our God.

Helenx

Joan Elizabeth said...

My Mum was big into such admonitions but I did find it hard to match her high standards and expectations. Though it did instil in me a joy in a job well done.

MadSnapper n Beau said...

great quote.. and you always come up with the best of all illustrations of your quotes.

Sue Awes said...

I love this Susan, and always see in your work an excellence in beauty - and a singular striving to find the perfect quote and Word to bless us. Thank you - you are a yardstick of quality!

Lisa Gordon said...

This is a great quote, Susan.
Happy day to you!

Unknown said...

Such a great quote.. I do hope you enjoy your week my friend.

Hugs~

Kamana said...

wonderful quote

Anita Johnson said...

I like the contemporary look of this photo...nice pairing with the quote!

Debbie said...

Steve Jobs, always right on!!

What Karen Sees said...

Excellent statement. I, too, like the graphic and contemporary look of this image.

Lisa said...

Very wise words.

Ceil said...

Hi Susan! What a wonderful comparison. I think Steve Jobs was a disciple :) Whatever we are called to do, it is a calling. Let's all do it with joy :)
Ceil

Tracy said...

Good ethics... also brings to mind of doing things of heaven, not of earth. :o) ((HUGS))