Daffodowndilly
She wore her yellow sun-bonnet
She wore her greenest gown;
She turned to the south wind
And curtsied up and down.
She turned to the sunlight
And shook her yellow head,
And whispered to her neighbour:
"Winter is dead."
She wore her greenest gown;
She turned to the south wind
And curtsied up and down.
She turned to the sunlight
And shook her yellow head,
And whispered to her neighbour:
"Winter is dead."
A.A. Milne
* * *
the daffodil was
my mother's
favorite flower
and
yellow was her
favorite color
a winning combination




27 comments:
"Winter is dead." Boo-yah, as my teen kids would say. Hooray for the daffodils for their cute curtsies and bold yellow spring confidence.
love the piece by A.A. Milne--had never read that before --great pics also--
wonderful, all of it
I just love the poem! And the daffodil looks like sun is shooting from the center!
Wonderful words about the flower. It also looks great!
It happened to visit your blog. I'm very much impressed and enjoyed reading your posts and pictures. I'm following your blog now to come back to your site again. I'm glad to invite you to visit my blog, leave your valuable comments and follow my blog at "Join this site"
I love that daffodils
graced your mother's day
and that your world
is now bright with yellow:)
-Jennifer
Woo hooo it looks like Spring has arrived!
My Mum liked daffodils too, they would not grow where we lived. That's just one of the reasons she would have loved my garden.
Sweet post for your mom! I love daffodils and my favorite color is yellow! Beautiful shots, really nice.
How pretty! The home where Karen and I grew up, the neighbor lady had an entire yard full of daffodils. We still talk about how pretty all those flowers were!
Hope to begin moving this weekend!
Indeed it is, and what a beautiful series of images this is, Susan.
Happy day to you!
I really like your angle here with the daff, so nicely photographed, and the saying is just perfect.
Lovely images.
It appears we're going right into summer: 90 today, with D.C. humidity.
So glad you finally got to daffodil time. Ours are all over and we are promised some summer temperatures by the weekend.
gorgeous, i love my daffodils!!
the cups runneth
over with
desire
spring
let loose
the cups runneth
over with
desire
spring
let loose
I love the poem and the photos. The lighting is breathtaking.
What beautiful sunny images!
"... and then my heart with pleasure fills,
and dances with the daffodils."
A graceful old favorite.
Beautiful tribute to your mother, Susan.
So glorious!
Happy Wednesday!
xo Catherine
Finally! Winter is gone from Minnesota!! You waited long enough for it :)
Beautiful images of the golden daffodil and so pleased that such a favourite is blooming and heralding the Spring season in your part of the world.
wanting patience has been so richly rewarded. xox
I've always loved that poem... and the lovely daffodil. :o) No more daffodils came up in the garden this spring. I think I will have to get new and plant this fall... Happy Days, Susan ((HUGS))
And these are a favorite of mine as well!
So very beautiful.
And seeing them every year is a blessing. I always am filled with joyfulness and rejoicingness. NOW, I'll always think of your mom, who often was MY "mom". Loved her for many, many years. [And her daughter, of course, doncha think?]
Post a Comment