I will lift up mine eyes unto the hills,
from whence comes my help.
My help comes from the LORD,
Who made heaven and earth.
He will not allow your foot to be moved:
He who keeps you will not slumber.
Behold, He who keeps Israel
shall neither slumber nor sleep.
The LORD is your keeper:
The LORD is your shade at your right hand.
The sun shall not smite you by day,
Nor the moon by night.
The LORD shall preserve you from all evil:
He shall preserve your soul.
The LORD shall preserve your going out
and your coming in from this time forth,
and even for evermore.
Psalm 121
* * *

34 comments:
Love how you have illustrated this! One of my favourite psalms!
Lovely! He is my keeper.
Beautiful post.
Beautiful shot and what a wonderful scripture to remember for every day! Blessings to you today!
Such a comforting verse! And a lovely photo my friend!
Hugs~
Preserving our going out and coming in. I like those words. Soon those trees will have leaf.
This post is a blessing
beautiful verses and the perfect photo to go with it...
Great words to start any day.
This is the first Psalm I memorized as a young girl. I love the illustration. Awesome photo.
Have a blessed week!
Carolyn
my favorite psalm.
thank you:)
-Jennifer
Just beautiful, Susan...one of my favorite scriptures also.
Sitting in the shade...
Thank you. I was just contemplating this psalm in my quiet time this morning, but forgot to look it up and read it.
And now I'll read it....again!
Oh my, how I love this Psalm! And it looks like you got a shot of both the moon and the sun all at once. I don't know how you did it, maybe windows or mirrors, it it is really cool and illustrates this Psalm wonderfully.
The Psalms have always been a source of great comfort to me Susie. This is just stunning.
Thanks for sharing this well loved Psalm.
Thanks for sharing this well loved Psalm.
I love Psalm 121! Great photo, too!
What a beautiful verse, Susan, and the photograph you chose to go with it is just beautiful.
I love that Psalm, and you've illustrated it beautifully!
your posts are so uplifting and full of hope. thank you for that.
Such comfort... :o) A lovely way to celebrate my morning here. Happy Day, Susan ((HUGS))
Scripture that gives comfort because of the Lord's promise to preserve and keep me. Bless you, Susan, for this post.
And only the fool says in his heart - there is no God.
Beautiful and comforting Susan.
Have a blessed Sunday!
Beautiful capture of the sun and the moon together! The scripture is one that I need for a reminder regularly.:>)
I hope you had a wonderful weekend!
xo Catherine
He protects always... such comfort! :o) Blessings to you & yours this Holy Week, Susan ((HUGS))
Wonderful, marvelous!
wonderfully powerful thoughts...
Thinking of Susan. Very powerful post today~ very much in keeping with this Holy week and how profound it is. Praying you are well.
I needed that....thank you.
That is definitely a favorite passage of mine.
That's what I count on... MUST count on. And when I see the sun and moon my heart rejoices, day by day, night by night. Thanks for sharing.
Post a Comment