Sunday, April 27, 2014

Making The Rounds ~



"We shall not cease from exploration
 and the end of all our exploring will be
 to arrive where we started
 and know the place for the first time."
 T. S. Eliot
*  *  *
there is an abundance
of these little critters here
brought into eat the aphids 
from the soy bean fields
a few years back
*  *  *
you can read a bit about it


32 comments:

Kerri Farley said...

I LOVE Ladybugs :)

Ruth Hiebert said...

Lovely pictures. I will step on most any other bug to get rid of it,but will pick up a Ladybug and take it outside. I never can quite figure this out.

Ginny Hartzler said...

I love your Eliot quote for this post. He is so cute! I can never bring myself to kill them, we just put them outside. It is hard to photograph these little guys, you did a great job!

ju-north said...

Lovely illustration! We call them ladybirds!

Maureen said...

I was on a studio tour out in Loudon County, Va., one weekend and stepped into a studio where the entire wall was covered with ladybugs. What a sight that was! I like ladybugs but would not want to deal with an infestation of them.

Lisa Gordon said...

I love ladybugs, and I LOVE this series of photographs, Susan.

Anonymous said...

interesting reading...

Anonymous said...

I love it when ladybugs come into the house for a little visit!
xo Catherine

elizabeth said...

Oh, I love these little lady bug photos!

Anonymous said...

Wonderful shot of Ladybirds move. It is trying it's best to go inside!

Tracy said...

Such charming images, Susan. :o) Those little bugs sure do some good... and are just plain cute too! Happy Days ((HUGS))

MadSnapper n Beau said...

these are just amazing. I love the glass as much as the sweet little lady bug... also that quote is perfect. for the bug going round and round and ending up back where he started to LIFE as we know it.. beautiful post

Unknown said...

I just love those little guys. These photos make me smile.. Hope you have a happy week my friend.

Hugs~

Debby Ray said...

Awesome shots of that lady bug, Susan! We are bombarded with these little guys in the summer and fall and on the sunny side of the house, you will find them very plentiful! They even become dormant and live in our unattended cabin throughout the winter. When the heat and the lights come, they come alive....they are everywhere!

Leslie said...

I adore these photos (the color and the composition.) And ladybugs always make me happy :)

Vicky said...

Oh the light, the color of the bug against the jar- and the way you shot this is divine! Love. The quote works perfectly and makes me wonder how many times would that bug circle that jar?

Anna said...

Beauty in the everyday - perfect, Susan! Just the right color glass for the ladybug too :)

Carol Garvin said...

Love your photos and the very appropriate Eliot quotation, Susan. I think the ladybug looks very sweet on that lovely jar, but I don't like bugs of any kind in my house, so I'd be putting it outside. I saw a news broadcast one time about an infestation of ladybugs that totally covered one wall of a building and a nearby tree. It was rather creepy!

Joan Elizabeth said...

Bringing critter biological control have had mixed results here in Australia. Some have been wildly successful like moth that helped beat the cactus menace and others a complete disaster like the cane toad. dung beetles were also successful in reducing the number of flies.

Your critter is very pretty or perhaps better put your photo is just lovely.

Mersad said...

The ladybug is so lovely. These are marvelous photographs.

Mersad
Mersad Donko Photography

Unknown said...

Wonderful macro shots! I love ladybugs!

rjerdee said...

I've always loved that quote and am happy to be reminded of it today:)

Lucille said...

We have so many ladybirds hibernating in the window cracks. I don't know how they all squeeze in and it's sometimes a job to get them out in springtime.

Anita Johnson said...

Perfect quote for those pictures. (o:

Linda P said...

I've just read the information about these bugs. They seem to have positive and negative effects on nature and humans. Your interesting shots are very creative. It must be warming up where you are if the ladybug (ladybird in the U.K.) is around. We have the odd, dozy wasp appearing indoors.

Laura said...

So Beautiful!

Jennifer Richardson said...

oh! your eye for ordinary miracles
is stunning sharp
and clever.
thanks for sharing the wonder,
Jennifer

Anonymous said...

I love this. I'm never able to capture anything that moves very well. Love it!

Unknown said...

I love this post.
A few years ago while in Atlanta, I went to Kenesaw mountain. I was wearing a dark colored knit shirt. To my surprise these lady bugs covered my shirt. I missed a photo opportunity. I took the shirt off and shook them off. Wish I had got some one to take pics.

joyce said...

Now that is a wonderful quote to go with wonderful pics!

Lisa said...

They are really sweet and you photographed this one to perfection. I love your words that you add each time. Fills me up . Thank you.

cristie said...

T.S. Elliot had such a way to turn a phrase...and you are so talented at pairing with just the right image. xox