“Those who contemplate
the beauty of the earth
find reserves of strength
that
will endure as long as life lasts.
There is something infinitely
healing
in the repeated refrains of nature --
the assurance that dawn
comes after night,
and spring after winter.”
Rachel Carson
* * *
there are times
when it takes longer than
other times but it
will come

19 comments:
I've always enjoyed Carson's beautiful writing. She had such a special affinity for nature.
oh very very beautiful.. That quote blessed me greatly.. took my breath away.
Our snow is almost gone again but its cold enough that it could , cloudy enough too.
Thank you :)
It's always good to see you and your wonderful way of sharing photos and words and Words. Thanks.
Even though it says it's Niki, it's me, but the computer issue won't let me be me. Sorry.
Lovely image...lovely words.
What a comfort to know that,according to God's Word,spring will come,even when it takes a long time.
I agree "There is something infinitely healing in the repeated refrains of nature"
Our season change is a week or two late this year too but we have had the most wonderfully warm summer :-)
i like the quote, the part that i like best is the assurance that dawn comes after the night. dawn is my favorite time of day
The words and image have livened my heart this day.
The Holy Spirit is at work
Helen xx
Beautiful words of encouragement.
I always enjoy.
Beautiful words of encouragement.
I always enjoy.
What a lovely picture, but oh my, still with the snow! The quote is wonderful!!! Makes me want to go out and buy her book...didn't she write "Silent Spring"?
You got snow again? Yikes! Beautiful though...and the words, too.
Beautiful photograph and words, Susan.
We've not gotten any more snow, but it is definitely not very spring-like here. :-(
green sprigs!
I love your image, and also the poem... I also love the final thought that there are times that it takes longer. How true this is! But as we learn it, we also learn more patience and TRUST. Have a wonderful day
Beauty. I can see why it is said that beauty can save us. It cannot actually in the eternal sense but it brings instant relief from anxiety if you let it. I find it interesting that we capture beauty in photos....almost as if there is a shortage. I suppose it not actually shortage but delight, yes?
Beauty. I can see why it is said that beauty can save us. It cannot actually in the eternal sense but it brings instant relief from anxiety if you let it. I find it interesting that we capture beauty in photos....almost as if there is a shortage. I suppose it not actually shortage but delight, yes?
We are supposed to get a bit of snow tomorrow. I don't think it will stay though.
xo Catherine
Post a Comment