Monday, January 20, 2014

Vision ~

"We do not see nature with our eyes,
 but with our understandings
 and our hearts.”
 William Hazlitt
*  *  *

35 comments:

Dea Moore said...

My "understandings" and my heart eyes see snow blanketing spring, summer and fall. The twig stands guard until the unfurling...

Anonymous said...

Oh, yes - I cannot look at nature now without God revealing a message to me, a note or just a hug! Wishing you blessing this week! There is so much hope in your photo! Just beautiful!

Anonymous said...

How lovely, Susan.

Jeanne said...

And ... our camera lens!

Beth said...

Beautiful! So much hope and serenity in that photo!

Patrinas Pencil said...

Sweet!

Anonymous said...

i have just started thinking about spring...
and i keep telling myself not to...but, it's no use.

ju-north said...

Great minimalism and words! You always seem to have a lot of snow-we haven't had any yet

Joan Elizabeth said...

And doesn't a camera help our eyes.

Breathtaking said...

The wonder of nature is alway felt in my heart, but sometimes I use all my senses to see nature.

rjerdee said...

Such simplicity!

Anonymous said...

Looks like you have a lot of snow there!
Keep warm!
xo Catherine

Barbara said...

Beautiful quote and image.

MadSnapper n Beau said...

so true..

Leslie said...

Yes. I think that's why it speaks to our souls so readily. This photo is beautiful, but also so solitary. It makes me a bit sad even while I appreciate the beauty...

caryjo said...

Good thinking. And interesting, to say the least.

Vicky said...

This quote- these words- sure gave me reason to pause and ponder. Such truth and depth to this thought and the image is truly stunning. Blessings to you Susan!

Debby Ray said...

Susan, it is amazing what you can do with you eye and your camera...stunning image.

Kim@stuffcould.... said...

So pretty

Lisa Gordon said...

I love the simplicity of this, Susan, but that background has me simply mesmerized.
Really, really, beautiful.

Debbie said...

and we feel it with our hearts!!

Susan said...

I so believe that!!!!!

Kmcblackburn said...

The simplicity of this photo is so elegant and striking.

Deanna said...

Lovely, I can see almost that same image from my window!! Spring will come again with roses in bloom!

Linda said...

So poignant Susie. I love seeing things through your beautiful eyes.

Marilyn Miller said...

The older I get the more I know nature is a part of me. Nice quote.

Relyn Lawson said...

I always love your snow covered winter beauty.

Susan Cowger said...

Simplicity of image. Simplicity of word.

Understanding without the frills--what the heart does best.

Nice.

Rick said...

Especially stark with the snowdrifts as background. Great imagery.

Tracy said...

True... very true...with the heart especially. LOVELY image, Susan...the simplicity and awe go right to the heart. :o) Happy Days ((HUGS))

Unknown said...

Beautiful simplicity.

Kamana said...

and that way of seeing things is so very important.

Nancy said...

I love the way you teach us to appreciate the simple things in life....

Anonymous said...

cool wavy snow

Lynn said...

First impression: strength! Standing against the stark whiteness of the cold snow "with a smile". I see the curve of the leaves/stems as "a smile". A "knowing" if you will that it will prevail despite the bleakness of the surroundings. Such hope! Such joy!