I imagine
my grandmother
at the age of 3
sailing from Sweden
to another world across the sea
I've no way
of knowing whether
she actually sipped tea from
this delicate cup with the spring violets
I do know she loved beauty
practiced hospitality
and lived kindly
* * *
Be not forgetful to entertain strangers:
for thereby some have entertained angels unawares.
Hebrews 13:2

33 comments:
That is a wonderful tea cup. Extra special with it's history and special memories. Lovely!
xo Catherine
the cup is exquisite and i have not seen one with the little legs on it. so delicate and so pretty. and special for having belonged to your loved one.
I just went to ebay and searched for cups with legs and violets and found i must have been living under a rock,since there are many to choose from... maybe it is because my grandparents were coffee mug people not tea cups.
land sakes, that is a great image... and the colors in it look amazing with what you already have on your site.
but, my favorite = your words!
blessings.
Wonderful sharp image of this special well preseved tea cup.
It looks like it has a heart or a harp as well as violets.
A wonderful Post...
You are always so interesting with your talent.
i Love that verse...
An old teacup is so pretty. They have a delicate beauty which the new ones don't seem to have.
There isn't enough time in a week to tell you all the ways I like this.
Such a delicate and pretty cup/pattern.
This is truly so special, Susan.
She sounds lovely Susan. The tea cup is exquisite. You've made me think of my grandmother, coming on a big boat from Italy when she was only five.
This is the most gorgeous cup and saucer I have ever seen!
so sweet susan, i would love to sip tea from that cup!!
add a few tea sandwiches and i'd be in heaven!!
Your grandmother's love of beauty lives in you, Susan. Lovely post.
Such a beautiful tea cup. So delicate. What a nice thought that you Grandmother might have sipped from a cup like this..
Hugs~
Love the quote, love the memories of your grandmother and the kind of life she lived and love that beautiful tea cup.
Happy Spring!
Oh I love tea cups but I don't drink tea so I just imagine the joy of them. Hospitality is something I try to practise because it can be so rewarding, though I am not a natural hostess.
Such a delightful image, stirring (no pun intended!) the thought of how sweet it would be to share an afternoon tea time. - Still it's sweet to commune over the "net" as well.
Love the verse. Wouldn't it be awful to learn that the stranger you turned away was an angel? Or the Lord?
...loved beauty, practiced hospitality, and lived kindly....
what a legacy... thinking of my grandmothers tonight drinking from the fountain of life eternal...maybe from violet teacups..
Wish I could have tea with you to give that cup more memories to hold...
Such sweetness and wisdom... LOVELY old cup. loved beauty, practiced hospitality, and lived kindly --good words to live by. :o) Happy Weekend, Susan ((HUGS))
this is so beautiful
I don't drink tea. And I'm more of a plain person when it comes to dishes. This post changed my mind.(o:
Another opportunity to see things differently and kindly. Thank you.
beautiful teacup and encouragement. i try
to remember that scripture when including
'extras' to our family celebrations.
Ohhh so really you're from my side of the world (well a little tiny part of you). How wonderful.
I totaly can imagine her being on the boat having all their goodies with them in those old wonderful boxes. Building a new life across the ocean. sounds so romantic.
Thanks for sharing this little treasure it's a realy beauty.
Hugs Dagmar
This just may be my favorite of all the images I've seen from you. It looks like it belongs in the pages of Victoria Magazine.
so beautiful.
and i love that scripture.
and your heart.
thank you,
Jennifer
I love this!!!
i love everything about this post - tea, that lovely teacup, and your remembrance of your grandmother.
I would love to see that one. I'm a violet person, obviously. And for you to know such neat things about grandparents ... that blesses me.
What a gorgeous teacup and the quote is one of my favorites.
Post a Comment