Friday, January 25, 2013

In Process ~

I had considered
entitling this
 post
"An Immature Male"
 but it seemed to have negative
connotations for this
young male Pine Grosbeak
 that merely has not yet acquired
 an "of age" status
in which he will appear
like the above
*  *  * 
thanks to Carol Garvin
for sharing the site
that revealed he is also not an
overdressed female
which is more modestly feathered.
 Yes, our days really have been this gray lately.
*  *  *
May the colors that delight you
brighten your weekend.


26 comments:

Patricia said...

What a beautiful bird...and is it ok if I admit that I'm jealous of that beautiful snowy background? (though I'm not at all envious of the gray and cold)

Nancy said...

I continue to be amazed at God's creation......the colors are amazing....so beautiful next to the snowy background.

Anonymous said...

Such pretty photos and a joy to see the birds' colors. Wishing you and Callie a delightful weekend.

Debbie said...

i don't see gray, i just see beauty!!

nature delights us and we are oh so lucky!!

Ruth Hiebert said...

The immature and the female are equally as pretty as the brighter males.

Ginny Hartzler said...

I LOVE the colors on the first two!

Linda said...

There's such a sweetness about him - the way he cocks his little head. I just marvel at your gift Susan.

Anonymous said...

i don't understand why his little bird feet don't freeze.

Louise Gallagher said...

Regardless of the grey, your eyes capture such amazing beauty!

Coloring Outside the Lines said...

Beautiful captures!

Susan said...

Beautiful bird. Wow, great photos Susan!

Laura said...

It is so very gray here too, Susan. And cold! Your little male is gorgeous and he would brighten any gray day! Loveliness.

Claudia said...

you have the best birds visit you! and you must always have your camera at the ready... these are wonderful as always! thank you for sharing them with us :)

Unknown said...

Love your sweet photos!! Such sweet birdies. I just got a new baby boy cockatiel and he is the sweetest little bundle of soft downey feathers!

Kim@stuffcould.... said...

You have some beautiful birds in your gray days

Mrs. E said...

Amazing photos of your world!

Anita Johnson said...

What a beautiful bird! A splash of color in the winter is always welcomed!

MadSnapper n Beau said...

these birds have brightened my world today, they are so beautiful and I have never seen orange or pink birds, these are my first.

Sandra Heska King said...

You bring beautiful color to any gray day--or bright one for that matter.

And that Carol Garvin. She's a smart one.

ju-north said...

Always fascinated to see photos of birds we don't have! Adds colour to the grey days!

Lucille said...

But how amazing that these birds bring splashes of colour to your window.

Kerri Farley said...

Wonder and amazement fill each visit to your blog.......Love these!

Jennifer Richardson said...

i love how the Lord created
such colorful joyful beings
to inhabit the gray days
of winter
...it's just like Him to think of that:)
thanks for sharing all of the beauty that you do
(i see alot of Him in you:))
-Jennifer

caryjo said...

I'm so glad you have such joyfulness out of your windows. What a treat!!!

Carol Garvin said...

My browser has been pernickity lately, not allowing me to comment, so I'm only now able to repeat how lovely I think your photos are of this sweet little guy.

And that Sandra Heska King... she's just plain cheeky! Just because I know about helpful birdy websites and all things periwinkle. ;)

cristie said...

Such beautiful photos. Our grosbeak color is golden. xox