Friday, January 4, 2013

For Eyes That See ~

{click to enlarge}
the beauty of the
 ordinary on
 a winter's day
*  *  *

29 comments:

Sandra Heska King said...

Yes! I see here.

Kerri Farley said...

Exquisite!

Anonymous said...

Oh this is a great capture. Hope you and Callie have a restful night and a good weekend.

Brandee Shafer said...

Beautiful! I am ready for some snow here in VA!

Ginny Hartzler said...

It is very lovely and I love the Chesterton quote.

Anonymous said...

sunflower and snow...oh, they make a great photo.

SimplyDarlene said...

one of my favorites...

beauty full.

blessings.

Gayle said...

What an incredible quote and the photo is just perfect with it.

ju-north said...

Perfect partnership!

Anonymous said...

such cooling images

Laura~Pretty Pix said...

Simple pleasures.. they can be so beautiful, as this one is.

Kim@stuffcould.... said...

So true, notice the beauty

MadSnapper n Beau said...

it is very beautiful and thanks for letting us SEE it. I love the stalk, and it looks a lot like i feel today.

Claudia said...

just the simple act of noticing light can change one's perspective. So thankful you notice so many things (that we might normally miss) and share them here :)

Breathtaking said...

Excellent photo, very sharp image!
Good choice of quote for this simple plant, which is anything but ordinary on closer inspection.




Louise Gallagher said...

Such beauty in the everyday!

Maureen said...

It takes attentive slow looking.

That bent-over head of the sunflower makes for a poetic prompt. Lovely visual meditation.

Valerie Kamikubo said...

I love seeing the world through your eyes.

Mrs. E said...

I needed this today. Looking at the every day in a new way thanks to this post!

Connie said...

So beautiful! So true!

Beth said...

Lovely connection of words and photo. But I want to tip the head up and tell the plant that it's still beautiful, just in a different way!

Nancy said...

I can't help but smile when I open your blog because of that beautiful grey kiddie in your header....It reminds me so much of my Simon.....A beautiful picture....

Your point today is well taken and one that I am reminded of frequently.....Thank you....

Hugs

Debbie said...

WoW, so simple, so beautiful!!

Susan said...

Isn't that the truth. The things we see everyday, seem to get missed.

Anonymous said...

We passed a big field of dried sunflowers on our way home from Manitoba and I wanted to stop but Stanley wouldn't slow down! LOL!

Beautiful!

xo Catherine

Jennifer Richardson said...

such wisdom in the quote
and beauty in the image
....thank you.
-Jennifer

Marilyn Miller said...

I am reading Contemplative Photography and you show it so well. The very essence of the beauty of the ordinary.

caryjo said...

Neat photo. "Hmm-ing" re: the quote. But, since I'm a "hmm-er" it's no surprise on your end of things.

cristie said...

the click brought such beauty. xox