Sunday, January 13, 2013

Alone, With Kat ~

Callie Kat
knows
 she is not
allowed
on the table
or the
counters
 
wondering what
 about our discussion
she didn't
understand 
*  *  *
One is loved because one is loved.
 No reason is needed for loving.
 Paulo Coelho
  *  * *
bleach has become
a priority
on the shopping list
 
 

35 comments:

Valerie Kamikubo said...

We have those types of discussions in our house, too... oh well :-)

Anita Johnson said...

This post might have the opposite effect than what you might expect....I miss having a cat around (and on )the house!

HisFireFly said...

This.is.priceless.

True life with a cat.

Anonymous said...

Sounds like our house! Like I say around here, "It sure is a good thing you're so cute/pretty/beautiful!"
Callie is all the above.

Mary said...

Our two new kittens have the same lack of understanding! What is it about tables and counters they love so much.
Callie is beautiful!

Claudia said...

I'm convinced dogs have memory issues too :) She sure is a cutie!

Susan said...

Kitties will do what kitties want to do that is for sure!

Jennifer Richardson said...

oh what a beauty and a scamp:)
she is adorable...those eyes
could win out over a million
scoldings:)
and i love your quote,
Jennifer

Anonymous said...

Callie gets more beautiful each time I see her. What great pictures! I think cats have selective memory!

Beth said...


Get Lysol spray that says okay to spray on kids' toys and everything else--it's gentle on stuff but has the steralizing properties you want. I also started using chlorox disinfectant wipes---they can be used on hardwoods.
We have seen indications that our cats get up on the table when we are gone and they got out of the basement or when I was napping. But they have never figured out about the counter tops---ours are much too high and no easy way to climb up. They use chairs to access the table and dressers; they don't realize that they don't need chairs! Since they are going on 8 yrs. old, I think we're safe!
But Scruffy has taken over the dresser that has picture frames on it that is in the living room, so there is one precious frame I can no longer put out---it's a tiny china one. She has knocked it over several times.

These are sweet pictures. Cats are such fun and so independent!:>)

Lisa Gordon said...

What a beautiful post this is, and she is such a little sweetheart.

Anonymous said...

Yup. Many a kitty paw has been on top of the cupboard. No matter the discussions or spray of water. ;)
xo Catherine

Muffy's Marks said...

Beautiful photos of an 'innocent' cat!!!

Ginny Hartzler said...

She is so beautiful, and it shows the most in the last picture. I LOVE the next to last one, licking her lips and looking longingly at the counters! We, too keep lots of Clorox wipes!!! But it hardly seems worth it, they practically live there now.

Unknown said...

Awww. That is always a problem with our furry friends. My kitty is to old to get up on the table anymore. But I loved her even when she did.

Your kitty is so beautiful. I just love these photos.

Hugs~

Unknown said...

She is adorable ^_^ Have a great day and thank you for stopping by at my blog.

Eva

ju-north said...

But so appealing!

Joan Elizabeth said...

Reminds of when I cat sat my nieces cat, she went berserk climbing all over the place when we were out of the room.

MadSnapper n Beau said...

Kat is so pretty, these are wonderful shots of her.. letting her roam at will will not hurt you.. i know many folks who have cats on counters and tables and even in the sinks and they are healthy and happy..

Louise Gallagher said...

As Marley the Great Cat in my home would say... I don't speak human. When are you going to learn to speak cat?

cjsrq said...

I always love to visit your blog. Your photos are exquisite and you pick such wonderful quotes. Your kitty is a longer-haired version of mine. And he tends to ignore our conversations about what not to do as well...but what joy and love they share.

Prairie Girl Studio said...

how oh how can you say no to those beautiful eyes and gorgeous, soft grey coat ~ pretty impossible i'd say! i am such a mush when it comes to the pets.
these are such wonderful photos!
good luck with future discussions ~ lol : )
thanks so much for coming by to visit and commenting xxo
pg

caryjo said...

You wouldn't like to hear how Dave kept our cats off our counters. Didn't hurt them, but they sure didn't like to risk their enjoyment, curiosity. They also didn't get on our DR table. Now, they DID get on our furniture, our windowsills, various other fun places to be. I guess bleach is what you can most easily do... and it might not be liked ... through odor or taste ... so could change. Cats and toddlers. Yep. Gotta do what is best -- for both of you.

Silenciosamente ouvindo... said...

Um gosto chegar ao seu blogue
e encontrar tantas fotografias
de gatos, um animal que eu muito
aprecio.
Virei sempre que possa.
Saudações
Irene Alves

Kim@stuffcould.... said...

She is so cute...I understand yalls discussion:) oh well

joyce said...

I can't believe how much she has grown, what a beauty! Cats understand and know the rules, they just know that they don't apply to them!

Mommy Emily said...

this reminds me so much of the father God's love for us. his beautiful, passionate, relenting love.

Christine said...

A lovely display. She is truly beautiful and your work with the photos is so fetching always.

Have you seen this blog?
http://prayforian.blogspot.com/

This couple is writing a book about their journey and I thought you might want to read their blog. While they were engaged the husband was in a car accident and suffered a serious brain injury. They got married anyway and daily life is very hard, but God is being glorified through it all. He is faithful. She needs prayer as she writes because the pain is still new.

Kerri Farley said...

Callie is adorable!

Marilyn Miller said...

My cat knows that too and when I am home he totally respects this rule. However, on occasion I will drive in the driveway and see him watching at the window. Hummmm? Now if he is at the window that means he is on the counter by the sink. Tsk, tsk - that naughty Joey. He is somewhere hiding by the time I walk in the door. Smiling! Aren't they a JOY.

Leslie said...

awww, i love this :)

Jeanne Frances Klaver said...

Just look at those gorgeous eyes--who can resist?

Nancy said...

I had to go backhand respond to this post....Callie looks just like Simon did when he was a kitten so of course she caught my eye. She is beautiful...and yes I have to admit Simon does exactly what he wants to when he wants to and how he wants to and you know what it doesn't bother me one bit....I love that cat to oieces....and yes like you I use lots of Clorox wipes but its all worth the love he showers on me in so many ways....Enjoy Callie; the rewards are great....

cristie said...

Amber eyes...a mystery. xox

Anonymous said...

Kalli is beautiful! I have had similar discussions with my Gracie. She doesn't get on the counters, but I can't keep her off the table, or my bed!
I love the dreaminess of these photos!