Sunday morning rush hour
as viewed from the
mid-point
of the driveway
it was a mighty fine day
* * *
Life does not move so fast,
that there is not enough
that there is not enough
time for courtesy.
Let there always be time, too,
Let there always be time, too,
for sharing,
and for gratitude.
and for gratitude.
Ralph Waldo Emerson





25 comments:
What a wonderful Sunday morning view! Time slows down on days like that. :) I like Emerson's suggestion about ways to use the extra time, too.
What a lovely ride.
How delightful and I love the Emerson quote.
I used to think Emerson was pretentious and didn't see the hype about his words. But fellow bloggers like you have opened up my eyes to the wisdom of many of his words. I think the trick is in teaching his words that I find OUTSIDE of the American Literature textbook that is in my classroom!
Awesome Sunday in your neighborhood!:>)
Wonderful peaceful scenes. I love the sky shots.The quote is right on.
clip clop clip clop....oh yes....a really noisy rush hour.
:-)
Rush hour. LOL! :)
Yes, it was a mighty fine day, especially shared with friends!
Picture post card perfect :D
Beautiful - my kind of 'rush hour'. [actually where we live, we'd be more accurate describing that time of day as a 'rush minute'].
Loved your 'Glory' post - that text was my parents' wedding text (well, the Dutch version).
Perfect. I'd love to see that sight in person one day. The quote is a good choice too!
Glorious colour: it looks almost tropical!
i would very much love to have this view from my driveway. so beautiful. love the horse and buggy
Now that's a rush hour that I could get into.
And once they get where they're going, they'll be there all day.
We've had Amish men work on our house before (roofed, constructed the porch), and one told us they'd been busy that week cleaning, cleaning their house and moving out furniture to make room for church.
That's what I would call a perfect view Susan. Thank you for sharing it!
Beautiful view, awesome seeing the Amish on their way to Church. Lovely quote, so true!
Oh, Susan. Such peace and loveliness captured here. Thank you!
The 3rd image down is great when enlarged. At first I thought the boy was purposefully looking out... but upon closer inspection one can see that he just happens to look in your direction. What a great capture.
Blessings.
We should all be in such a slow hurry... :)
xo Catherine
Wonderful, love the quiet country scenes...makes me wish I were there, I know it would be cooler than Arizona! Lori
your world is lovely...and i am thankful for you. xox
A totally new view for me.
I love the buggy. I have never seen one on a rode . What a treat this had to be. Lovely images again.
Blessings
This was really pretty. Felt almost like I was just hanging out there and watching with you.
OH.. and re: the clouds. WE HAD RAIN last evening. It was WONDERFUL. Drenched the yard, so I don't have to water for several days. YIPPEE!!
Post a Comment