Saturday, July 28, 2012

An Ordinary Glow ~

It was a day filled with the glow of ordinary things.
 Brian Andreas
*  *  *
Coneflower
(n.) Any plant of the genus Rudbeckia;
 -- so called from the cone-shaped disk of the flower head.
 Also, any plant of the related genera Ratibida and Brauneria,
 the latter usually known as purple coneflower.
Thinkexist.com

24 comments:

Anonymous said...

I had five clumps of these in the back of one garden bed, and my hubby, meaning to be helpful, weeded out the emerging plants this spring. Only one survived! I love that they're a hardy perennial under normal circumstances. :)

Lovely photo and quotation pairing, Susan.

ju-north said...

My favourite colours - purple and orange!

Jennifer Richardson said...

oh how you glow, friend:)
-Jennifer

Anonymous said...

What a gorgeous photo, Susan. When we had these coneflowers growing in the garden, it was always fun to watch the goldfinches swaying back and forth on the stems eating the seedheads.

Ruth Hiebert said...

Beautiful! Right now these are the only perennials blooming in my garden.

MadSnapper n Beau said...

i would so love to see these glorious cone flowers, i see them on blogs and i have never personally seen one. these look like brilliant ballet dancers.

rjerdee said...

ever so cheering!

Anonymous said...

nice post thanks for sharing i found your blog thrue other followers...looking for to visit more...blessings across the miles..

Leslie said...

i love coneflowers... and yours have a lovely glow, indeed.

Beth said...

Vibrant! Instant 'pick me up'!

Steve Gravano said...

Beautiful photo. I see these all over the place and always say I need to get me one or two for the yard. I hear butterflies love them too!

Susan said...

That's how my days have been lately. Ordinary. Those flowers are anything but ordinary, they are beautiful!

Sandra Heska King said...

I've got to get me some of these.

helen tilston said...

This is such a beautiful image.

I, too, love this flower - At our farm I had it growing beside pink and white astilbe and also in the same bed was pink bergamot.
Wishing you a week of joy

Helen xx

Anonymous said...

little pink ballet skirts...

Linda P said...

I like the colour of this type of rudbeckia more than the yellow and orange. Very pretty.

Anonymous said...

Extra pretty flowers - lovely!
Wishing you a beautiful evening!
xo Catherine

Claudia said...

love, love, both these and black eyed Susans!!

Dolly @Soulstops said...

made me smile...thanks, Susan, and thank you also for your prayers and kind words over at my blog :)

Valerie Kamikubo said...

Stunning!

Unknown said...

And thank you for sharing your creativity with us.
Beautiful does not describe these.

Laura~Pretty Pix said...

This is exquisite, Susan!

Lisa said...

Your images are above the rest. Gorgeous.

caryjo said...

I really love these...I'd have a yardfull if possible. Could just sit and look and grin.