a wind
of
modest demeanor
whispered
its
invitation
unfolding in softness
and
quiet delight
~ ~ ~
these are cattails
that
have burst
the
of
modest demeanor
whispered
its
invitation
unfolding in softness
and
quiet delight
~ ~ ~
these are cattails
that
have burst
the
seed
is incredibly soft
and
can grow only if it lands in water
and
can grow only if it lands in water

31 comments:
Lovely personification of the wind. The wind has always felt to me more like a person. You capture the magic of nature beautifully, and you taught me yet another lesson in nature.
Love this photo!!!
What a gorgeous Fall photo!
How lovely, and an interesting fact I didn't know.
I only found out though blogging the you call these cattails - we call them bull rushes.
The cat tails when gone to seed are indeed so soft and fluffy!
isn't it all such a wonder.
gorgeous photo .
The cattail photo is so warm and soft. I didn't know the seed needs to fall in water to grow.
LOVELY photos and words today, Susan! Cattails are wonderous things... so soft, like lamb's ears... :o) Happy weekend ((HUGS))
awe inspiring as always. have not seen cat tails in many a year.
wonderfully paired photo and words as always :)
I haven't thought of cattails in ages...didn't know about the seed landing in water to grow....
I hope you have a blessed weekend and thanks for sharing all your beautiful words and pictures....
I guess that we all need certain conditions to grow - some may be easy, some may be difficult. Beautiful picture and post.
Andie
Incredibly beautiful!
fascinating. xox
"a wind of modest demeanor" - this is so lovely Susan.
I've loved cattails ever since I was a little girl growing up in Illinois. I guess they remind me of my childhood. I can still picture them growing around the little spring-fed pond by our house.
My mother used to load the kids up and we would collect cattails. She would bring them home and use hairspray to keep them from bursting their seed pack.
Amazing what kinds of memories this photo inspired
This is a lovely image! I think cattails are gorgeous!
the
seed
is incredibly soft
and
can grow only if it lands in water
You make me to think it is also the soft and tender heart which grows, and finds capacity to love, when it lands gently upon the water of the Word, the living waters of the Spirit.
Very pretty, but I hope my cat tail doesn't burst!
The cattails look as if they are blowing and moving. It's a beautiful picture with the golden glow and a feeling of motion.
Liked the verse also.
Blessings,
Janis
I remember my mom tramping through the mud to get to the cattails. She wanted to bring them home. How I loved to touch them :)
I never realized Cattails burst. There are so many to be charmed by.
whispering just fits this beauty Susan
I had no idea what the inside of a cattail looked like until my granddaughter broke one open . . . and softness spilled out!
Beautiful photo!
This is just beautiful!
;^)
You are a treasure.
;^)
More poetic words... and it certainly shows more and more what your extreme brightness reveals to all. I love the cattails... miss having them in my house that we brought back from our visit in your area during our honeymoon...
Lovely picture.. so pleasant and artistic.. i loved it..
and the lyric is beautiful to..
...cattails that have burst...love it!
what a beautiful image of the wind... the coloring in this photo is gorgeous
Post a Comment