Monday, November 29, 2010

Simply Silly ~

"feather and fluff"
were the words
that
she said
words that whirled
all
around
danced a jig
in
my head
they stretched
up high
they tumbled
down low
they chased
like
children
with nowhere
to go
weary at last
I trumbled to bed
where

feather and fluff
would

cradle
my head


may your day
be blessed
with
a smile



37 comments:

Dagmar said...

Thanks you sweet lady friend, may yours be full with laughter too.
Great shot by the way.
D.

Leslie said...

thanks to you, it has : )

Jennifer Richardson said...

Tickled me pink:)
I love silly
...thanks!
-Jennifer

joyce said...

Wow Susan, that is absolutely beautiful...did you write it??

Linda said...

This did make me smile Susan. It is wonderful!

S. Etole said...

Yes, Joyce ... it just kept chasing around in my head. What's a person to do?! :-)

MadSnapper n Beau said...

lots of laughter coming back to you. i am shamed to say when I saw fluff i thought on no dust bunnies are in my house and she knows

dude said...

I do silly very well and this was right up my alley. Thanks!

Unknown said...

Your photos are so simple and wonderful less is definitely more. Exquisite is the only word for them

Anonymous said...

Great post Susan. Not enough silly around these days, and certainly not enough rest on feathers and fluff.
Andie

donna said...

I always need a smile this time of day and I've come to the perfect place to get one. Thank you, dear lady for being the giver of smiles.

donna

Beth said...

Loved the whimsical mood to this--it's fun to say aloud too.

Unknown said...

needed this silly today, thank you

Ginny Hartzler said...

What a cute poem, rather Dr. Seusian!! What georgous feathers, where on earth did you find them? Or perhaps they're not of this earth?

Steve Gravano said...

Terrific! I agree with Ginny, very Dr. Seuss. (He's always been my favorite,)

S. Etole said...

Ginny, I think the yellow one is either a gold finch or a canary feather, the other one is from a blue jay and I don't know what the real downy one is. They are ones that my grandson finds on the ground and brings me.

Rick said...

Your photo and words did just that - put a smile on my face. Thank you Susan - I hope your day was a good one !

suzanna said...

love the words and photo! you are such a wonderful writer!

Janis Van Keuren said...

Such a light and airy feeling from both your post and photos. I do love your photography!
Thank you for happy thoughts.
Blessings,
Janis

Duane Scott said...

Guess what my new favorite word is? "Trumbled."

I love that.

S. Etole said...

Duane, I guess you realize "trumbled" is a word the dictionary hasn't become acquainted with ... yet.

cristie said...

now those are some sweet words tumbling around in my head. good night dear susan. xox

Anonymous said...

i love this!
of course, you probably already knew that...

Joan Elizabeth said...

What a delightful post. My husband collects feathers as we travel and keeps them as souvenirs. He keeps hoping to find an eagle feather.

Jeff Jordan said...

Susan,
You blessed me with a smile from this post and your comments on my blog this morning. You are sweet and kind and your pen knows them well too:)

Vicky said...

Ahhh, simply divine! You continue to brighten my days and are such a blessing to us all :) I leave here a bit lighter indeed.

Nancy said...

Silly is good....thanks for reminding us.....
Beautiful feathers.....

Melissa Campbell said...

I always smile when I visit here. Wonderful poem. Blessings.

Emily Young said...

I love this poem! Especially the image of words dancing a jig. It made me happy : )

Joyce said...

I love feathers! xo

Brian's Home Blog said...

Feathers and fluff, two of the best things ever!!!

Michelle DeRusha said...

Enjoyed your whimsy here, Susan!

Dawning Inspiration said...

Nice Susan - and may your day be blessed as well!

Anonymous said...

This photo brings a smile to my face for sure!:)
xo Catherine

Sandra Heska King said...

Oh, that tickled me.

Sue Awes said...

I loved this poem and the way you gather your words and make us remember them all the day long -"feathers and fluff" to be sure - and "trumbled too, now part of our vocabularies - But dear Susan, though your touch is ever so light, it is far from "feathers and fluff" in the way it lands in our souls.

Anne Lang Bundy said...

Oh how delightful! Silly? I cannot use that word, for you make me want to dance in a way that is only happy. :D