Saturday, November 6, 2010

Ribbons ~


"I'll tell you


how the sun
rose


one
ribbon


at a time."
Emily Dickinson
~ ~ ~
clicking on photos
will
enlarge them





31 comments:

beth said...

and they surely were ribbon like.....and beautiful.

Ginny Hartzler said...

The beautiful sky is truly in ribbons, and what a sweet poem to go with it!

Linda said...

I do believe Emily would have loved these photos. You have a special gift for combining words with just the right pictures. It is so lovely.

Dawning Inspiration said...

So beautiful - what a pleasure to watch and see...

Joan Elizabeth said...

Your photos are a perfect match with the ED poem ... beautiful to observe.

MadSnapper n Beau said...

these are amazing photos, i especailly like the first one, and they all 3 look like ribbons making the quote right on the mark. great quote and as always a great post

Anonymous said...

Beautiful pictures and great match with the poesm. It is surely a gift to be able to capture nature's beauty as you do. Ribbons are very often tied around gifts and isn't all that is in your photos gift?
Andie

JofIndia said...

Such delicate ribbons..

Anonymous said...

Spectacular!
xo Catherine

Anonymous said...

wonderful observation, poem and photos to match - enjoy the Lord's day!

Brian's Home Blog said...

Those ribbons bring a wonderful gift!

chasity said...

i adore that emily dickinson quote.

what a magnificent sunrise.

and i love your header photo!

Louise Gallagher said...

Absolutely beautiful -- wow!

mARTy said...

Really nice photos- I love the colors of the sky-happy day

Leslie said...

Breathtaking sunrise. I love Emily Dickinson...

Maureen said...

Love the ribbons of clouds and sky colors.

Lovely!

Emily Young said...

Emily Dickinson is one of my favorite poets, but I've never read that poem before. I love it!

Beth said...

Awesome how you took us through the series of photos --one 'ribbon' at a time. Great choice of poet.:)

Steve Gravano said...

Ribbons, excellent post, Emily Dickinson and photos.

Anonymous said...

beautiful when simplicity and complex are one in the same.

Glenda said...

Enjoying a sunrise is one of life's simple yet awesome pleasures! Love these beautiful ribbons of morning!

Jennifer Richardson said...

Oh Emily,
how well you saw things.
And how like her
are YOU!
-Jennifer

Melissa Campbell said...

Beautiful. Thank you. :)

Laura said...

So gorgeous, Susan! The sky shows this time of year are fabulous, are they not? I have been enthralled several days this week. You have captured this one perfectly.

spread your wings said...

gorgeous. that second photo is my favorite with the moon showing

Michelle DeRusha said...

Our midwest sky has been gorgeous lately -- your MN version looks just like Nebraska did this morning...and last night at sunset.

Kerri Farley said...

Your images fit PERFECTLY with the verse..... WOWZA!

Lisa said...

These images are striking!
Simply gorgeous as well as the quote.

caryjo said...

Love it! And it's so familiar. I'm a real "sky" person, so this is particularly special.

Been doing so much this week I haven't had time to concentrate of the blog stuff, but will try to get at it very soon... just thought I'd toss this into the mix, since I'm headed to bed.

Lucille said...

What a wonderful pairing of word and picture again.

ELK said...

they are ! such ribbons of light ..nature is a poet