Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Looking Up ~

when
clouds of disillusionment
threaten
my
brokenness


I
reach
toward the Light
and
the hand
that
first reaches
toward
me



32 comments:

Anonymous said...

really nice.
and look at those trees!
all reaching toward the light.

ju-north said...

Good thought!

Dagmar said...

Wonderful Susan.
Hugs D.

Anonymous said...

Love it Susan. That hand, always extended, always waiting. Let's pray for the lost, who can't seem to find that extended hand - that invitation.
Andie

Joan Elizabeth said...

Yes, good strategy.

Anonymous said...

Beautiful!!
xo Catherine

Cassandra Frear said...

Reaching for the light. That's what I'll be doing today. And hopefully, I'll be catching the wind of God's Spirit, too. Nice image.

MadSnapper n Beau said...

the color version is gorgeous, but the sepia SPEAKS a Song of its own.

nancy neva gagliano said...

out of the greying blur,
into the colorful clear light!
hooooooray!

Ruth Hiebert said...

Beautiful.I am thankful for that Hand that is always there for me.
Blessings,Ruth

Louise Gallagher said...

You take my breath away with your words and photos.

Beautiful.

Maureen said...

The colors and contrasts in these two images and how you've composed them are wonderful.

Mary said...

the color bursting forth in the second photo says it all!!

Beverly said...

Simply beautiful...the photos and the thought.

Leslie said...

reaching with you...

Vicky said...

Perfect, as always, a bit of what I needed, and I too will reach along with you.

Linda said...

I absolutely needed this - right at this moment! To know He is reaching His hand to me.... It is perfect, and I thank you so much Susan.

Ginny Hartzler said...

He turns our darkness into light,just as you have turned your grey into color.

cristie said...

together we reach. lovely photos. xox

Jennifer Richardson said...

Lifting up my eyes
now.
Thank you,
Jennifer

Beth said...

Yes, I couldn't teach without His daily help. This morning I slowed my car and caught the sunrise as I reached out to God on my way to school.
Beautiful picture.

Rick said...

And when we don't reach out to grasp his hand, He taps us softly on the shoulder. Pity those who don't respond.

JofIndia said...

May you never lose sight of the Light.
May you always feel the power and comfort of the hand which so firmly holds yours.

Sandra Heska King said...

And the trees reach for Him no matter what swirls around them. Love the splash of light.

Steve Gravano said...

Beautiful passage and the top image simply a work of art.

chasity said...

thank you susan.
you always find a way to cheer my aching heart.

many hugs~
chasity

rjerdee said...

what a lovely transition from darkness into light...

Michelle DeRusha said...

Breathing deeply. Thank you, Susan.

Dejemonos sorprender said...

Hi, really pleasant picture! lights and shadows are great.. i liked..

caryjo said...

As I have indicated, your writing is much more open to others, not just put on a piece of paper and hidden away forever. The photo is great, of course, and love that sight when I'm visiting, but, again, mostly it's the openness with your poetic/prose skills.

Glenda said...

. . . and He's always glad when our hand touches His!

ELK said...

oh what lines and light you find my friend!! i wish you a blessed Thanks giving ..I am taking a blog break