when
the
winds of adversity
behave
like
a petulant child
a
change
of position
can
keep you from breaking
~ ~ ~
come, let us worship
and bow down,
let us kneel
before the Lord our Maker
[in reverent praise and supplication]
Ps. 95:6
~ ~ ~
this is part of the one-word carnival
hosted by

22 comments:
A wonderful pairing of words and image, together holding so much truth.
A petulant child... love that. Great pic too! Thank you.
Yes, bowing down before our maker certainly can prevent the breaking of one who stands in pride.
I really like the connection between the image and verse ... has got me thinking this day ... thanks.
Yet another lesson to learn from nature.
Andie
Another reminder for me to let go and let God. Thanks for being there for me early in the morning. Makes my day.
donna
Such beautiful blue sky with the wind blowing the grasses ~ beautiful!
Petulance: The act of being
1. Unreasonably irritable or ill-tempered; peevish.
2. Contemptuous in speech or behaviour.
Things I can recognise in myself, all too well..
wonderful as always.
i like this so much. xox
"let us bow down"... I like the flexibility, respect, the humility these mind images conjure... :o) Happy Day, Susan ((HUGS))
Sloane is down with strep throat, today. So, I'm home and grabbing the chance to catch up on neglected tasks and treats. The first thing I did when I woke up was come to the computer to start visiting my friends. So. Here I am. Hello friend. I wanted to thank you for the way that your words are always an encouragement.
and bowing down is THE most change in postion that will change our winds
petulant winds blowing over here. thanks for your words here and your prayers...
this made me cry. xo
I've felt those winds lately . . . Kneeling before the Master of the Winds - in our hearts or literally -
helps to shield us from the fury!
That explains a lot!
I like the message and photo today. Just what I needed to hear.
Yes,
going down,
knees to the ground,
bowing low,
palms up,
yielding,
waiting,
depending,
trusting
...it's a mighty act.
-Jennifer
I love this wind-blown, wind-bowed look!
I love the picture and the poem. What a great pairing of thought, craft and image! :) I'm glad to find you through High Calling Blogs.
Oh, Susan. I've long understood the need to bend before breaking. But you have given this a completely different emphasis in simply calling it the need to change position. I plan to think long on that ... to go to bed in a few moments dwelling on the thought.
Post a Comment