Monday, November 1, 2010

A Golden Time ~

may
blessing
overtake you


 and
your heart
be
filled
with gratitude
as
we begin a new month
~ ~ ~
these are Tamarck trees
also known
as
American Larch
they shed their needles in the autumn
unlike
the dark green spruce tree
in the lower
right corner which
retains its needles year round




29 comments:

Tracy said...

Many thanks, Susan for this beautiful, thoughtful blessing... Wishing you all the joys of this special time of year. :o) Happy Week ((HUGS))

Doug Spurling said...

Always such a breath of fresh air to visit here - for-a-moment.

Maureen said...

I don't think I've seen Tamarck trees before. What a gorgeous color they are.

Your image is full of serenity.

Leslie said...

And to you, dear Susan... I love seeing and learning about plants and trees I've never seen before. I love the name of those trees - Tamarac. Beautiful.

Brian's Home Blog said...

That is one gorgeous picture!

Unknown said...

One word Glorious

Glynn said...

In God's wisdom, he created some trees to explode in extraordinary color, and others to stay consistently green. Both are necessary.

Ginny Hartzler said...

Oh, these colors are truly heavenly, so deep, intense, and gold!! Yours is the second blog that has posted larch trees, I don't know if I've ever seen any!

Anonymous said...

Beautiful as always! Your banner photo is amazing!

Linda said...

What a beautiful contrast in the trees Susan.
I think this is a wonderful time of year for each of us to turn with hearts of gratitude to see the blessings all around us. Thank you for this beautiful reminder.

katrina lauren said...

warm & peaceful photo.....i also love your header! so whimsical, light & pretty...
xo.
k

MadSnapper n Beau said...

to me this gold is better than the gold everyone chases after. so beautiful

Anonymous said...

Thank you Susan for this beautiful picture and a very special blessing. I think that keeping our hearts filled with gratitude is so important, gets us through the bumps and buises of life. Thanks for the post.
Andie

Unknown said...

just so magnificent , Susan.

cristie said...

sky, autumn trees...all so lovely. xox

Beth said...

Beautiful trees. I've not seem them or even heard of them before.
Thanks for sharing. It's wonderful how we're all getting to see parts of this great country through our blog connections!:)

Anonymous said...

I added myself to follow your blog. You are more than welcome to visit mine and become a follower if you want to.

God Bless You :-)

~Ron

Jewels said...

Beautiful! Thank you.

Anonymous said...

wonderful color combination of gold and blue sky :)

Mari said...

I've never heard of these and never knew there was a tree that dropped it's needles!

ELK said...

i feel your blessing and take in this scene with pure joy!!

chasity said...

i make sure to count my blessings every day.
thank you for this beautiful reminder.

chas

Memories Of Mine said...

Wow that is some beautiful autumn colour. That's for showing me my favourite season as we are now in Spring.

Sandra Heska King said...

I didn't realize that some conifers shed. I also looked these up. They are very cold tolerant, but not shade tolerant. Apparently, they need the light.

Beautiful photo.

MedaM said...

Thanks for your blessing words, may God bless you too, and thanks for this outstanding photo you posted!

Jennifer Richardson said...

Thank you, thank you, friend:)
-Jennifer

Jeanne Frances Klaver said...

beautiful autumn color

Rick said...

Beautiful shot Susan. I remember in Alberta they were called larches as well - confused me a bit when they were called tamaracks in Ontario - beautiful trees in autumn nonetheless.

Hope said...

your blog is such a wonderful place to come and just be.. breath deep.. and smile.. may you day be ever so blessed.. for you sure do bless mine