Saturday, July 31, 2010

Simple Things ~

Teach
us
delight


in


simple things
Kipling


31 comments:

Glenda said...

Stunning simplicity . . .

rjerdee said...

Simple things. My favorites.

Linda said...

Oh yes! I find it is the simplest things that really do bring the most delight.
Have a blessed weekend Susan!

Ginny Hartzler said...

You won't believe this!!! Last night, I sat outside by a curb waiting for it to get dark enough for the moonflowers to bloom. I took this same photo with the same kind of bees on it!!!! I was going to post the pictures today, but couldn't find out enough interesting info about the flower yet. So I am for sure delighting in these pictures, especially the first one.

Jennifer Richardson said...

I love the simple things....feels like faintly hearing the heartbeat of the One who masterfully designed it all!
-Jennifer

MadSnapper n Beau said...

a very pretty scary to me little bee sipping away at that nectar provided by God. these are pure and lovely. bright and cheery

Dawning Inspiration said...

So beautiful - love the lighting on the wings!! (the message too!)

Ruth's Photo Blog said...

Simply beautiful.Love the words and the pictures.
Have a wonderful day.
Blessings,Ruth

donna said...

I simply can't believe that's a real bee. I bet you bought it at the craft store and put it on the white flower. lol Seriously though, I can't stop looking at the photo.

Simple rocks!

donna

Maureen said...

And isn't it incredible what you can see what you get up close to something that looks simple?

Lovely definition in the images.

ELK said...

the shape of the petals is pure poetry Susan ..so nice!

Brian's Home Blog said...

Such beautiful pictures!!!

Anonymous said...

you really have the touch for these.

Rick said...

Yes, if we take the time, we can find delight in simple things. Beautiful, simple, but not simplistic, photos.

Anonymous said...

Perfect photos ~ excellent! Simple things are so often the best.

xo Catherine

Leslie said...

That is a truth worth knowing and living. (I love Kipling.)

As usual, the photos are breathtaking.

Beth said...

Incredible detail.

Thanks to you, I went walking again in that woods behind the lake place with my camera. I've got a long way to go as far as your photos, but the peace I found in the simplicity of that stream with the tree across it in the early morning light was blissful.

Kass said...

There's nothing simple about those intricate wings. Amazing.

Jewels said...

Love the quote!!!

Nancy said...

Thank you for bringing us back to the simple things of life....

Your photography is georgeous...I feel like I could just touch the screen and feel the flower.....

Anne Lang Bundy said...

Indeed. For it is not delight, but fleeting fancy found in the things not simple.

Lovely, Susan.

S. said...

Delightful words :)

Vicky said...

Amen... not only am I fond of your bee and flower photos... your header explodes off the page as well.

Kala said...

Simply put: they are the best.

MadSnapper n Beau said...

I forgot to say yesterday how awesome your header is. it makes me WANT to take just a moment and stare at it and i DID, yesterday and today

Duane Scott said...

That's what I admire the most about you. You always look at things simply, finding the beauty.

SimplyDarlene said...

to delight in the simple...lovely, as always

and your new header image is all that too

blessings

Sandy K. said...

These shots are gorgeous. I have been incredibly lazy this summer, not getting up early to catch the critters I so adore photographing, as they awake and dry off for the day ahead. Your images nudge me to atleast think about it tomorrow.

patty said...

a wonderful quote and reminder. the first image is amazingly crisp... i SO strive for this look. beautiful!

Sandra Heska King said...

Sweet as honey.

Relyn Lawson said...

Like the first moment in a soft bed. Your whole body sighs.