Wednesday, July 21, 2010

A Blueberry Gift ~


my
new young
friend
brought
gift


stained
with
purple

fragranced
with sweetness

presented
in
chin-tucked
shyness

an
offering
of
the heart




44 comments:

ELK said...

the very best kind of gift ... from the heart...

SimplyDarlene said...

This is good. I bet each berry bursts with purple love.

Blessings.

Ginny Hartzler said...

How very sweet, the child and the thought sweeter than the berries. I love the picture of the young hand clutching the berries! I hope you are doing well.

Anonymous said...

sweet sweetness

Dawning Inspiration said...

Oh my gosh - how precious and sweet is that... What a sweet soul. Sure hope you are feeling better!

d smith kaich jones said...

a lovely lovely image to go with these words. the perfect gift.

:) Debi

Lucille said...

'Chin-tucked shyness'. Perfect.

Reanaclaire said...

blueberries are very nice... healthy too if eaten..
regards,
reanaclaire.com

rjerdee said...

Sweet!!

Anonymous said...

mmm ~ lovely! Blueberries ~ and such a healthy gift as well!!! :)

Have a Happy Day!
xo Catherine

Steve Gravano said...

Little hands, big hearts and blueberries, what could be better!

CDScott said...

pure sweetness all around. Love the light!

chasity said...

how very very sweet.
isn't it wonderful to watch new friendships blossom....

dude said...

Blueberries...yummmmmmy! And the poem was just as sweet and fresh!

MadSnapper n Beau said...

so true on the gift from the heart. I love the soft focus on the hand and container and the sharp on the blue berries. beautiful photo and sentiment.

Leslie said...

Heart offerings. The best kind. Glad to know you are being watched over by LOVE. I'll bet those blueberries are extra sweet!

Tracy said...

From the heart... that is the best... and what a sweet offering! What will you do with those beautiful berries?! Happy Day, Susan ((HUGS))

Brian's Home Blog said...

I see a lot of those in this house, the humans seem to love them!

cristie said...

i count you both very blessed. xox

Louise Gallagher said...

And as always, you've touched my heart with the gracious sharing of your gift of images and words.

Jennifer Richardson said...

May the taste of that kind of love always linger:)
-Jennifer

GailO said...

The most precious of gifts!

Maureen said...

A favorite summer treat. They need nothing else.

Nithin RS said...

Sweet beautiful present. Have a nice day ahead.

Unknown said...

oh, you ARE blessed to have received such a noble gift :)

Michelle DeRusha said...

Nothing better than fresh blueberries straight from the bush. What a lovely gift!

And how lovely you are, friend! So glad to see you are better...

Glenda said...

What a special little friend you have! A sweet, shy child bearing a gift from the heart is a priceless thing . . .

Mari said...

The gift is so sweet and made better by the sweet child who brought it!

Unknown said...

I love chin tucked shyness too...

heart offerings are the best.

Rick said...

What better gift ... than the love of a child! Beautiful photo, beautiful words.

Kass said...

How beautiful that slightly dirtied fingernail on the small hand. The tension in the thumb grasping the container. What a holy offering.

http://jackieinsurrey.blogspot.co.uk/ said...

Hi I have popped over from Ann's blog, Brookwood Letters. I think those beautiful blueberries were home grown. I have a few growing in the garden but don't think they are doing very well. I buy some every week and my husband has them every day at breakfast, as they are full of anti-oxidants and he had skin cancer last year.

It is a lovely photograph and the words are special.

Have a good weekend, Jackie in UK.

Beth said...

Love the simplicity of the picture and the gesture.

donna said...

One of your best photos ever. A moment to remember -- the kindness of a child.

I remember my grandfather taking us out in the wild to pick blueberries, buckets hanging around our necks. He delighted in scaring us about the possibility of a bear being in the area.

donna

beth said...

"chin tucked shyness"

now there's an amazing visual......

Marcie said...

What gorgeous colors!! Definitely a gift from the heart!!!

JofIndia said...

Good to see you back. Take care of yourself....

Anne Lang Bundy said...

this made me cry
and I don't even know why

suzanna said...

love your words... what a special post.

Kala said...

How I love blueberries. Wonderfully composed image.

Sandra Heska King said...

Blueberry love in a buttercup.

patty said...

just wanted to pop back by and thank you for all of your comments! i appreciate each one! :)

love the way you shape your words, and those soft hands holding the heart gift.

now.. to go raid the fridge for some blueberries... my favorite.

Relyn Lawson said...

There is nothing like a child bearing gifts. So much love.

katrina lauren said...

heartwarming. i love this little post full of love....so precious children are!