Monday, May 31, 2010

Shadows of Emptiness ~


memories


overflowing
out
of emptiness

... laughter ...
... tears ...
... fellowship ...
... love ...
... joy ...
... sorrow ...
... embrace ...

emptiness ... tugging at my heart
~ ~ ~
never empty
are
the riches
found on the blog carnival
hosted
by

28 comments:

Rick said...

Beautiful Susan. The shadows look awesome as does the grain in the wood.

Kathleen Overby said...

If that table could talk and tell us stories. Wood grain absorbs the things on your list. :) It is saturated......

Brian's Home Blog said...

So beautiful. You see so many things that would not be except for you.

Anonymous said...

I like the light and shadow in this photo! Excellent!

Tracy said...

This is a sublimely beautiful moment, Susan...as ever, your photo pairs so well with your story. :o) ((HUGS))

donna said...

Sometimes I feel like my head and heart are hanging on to too many memories. Is that possible?

Perfect photo to go along with your wonderful words.

Warm hugs,

donna

Steve Gravano said...

Today's photo has a musical feel to it for me. Beautiful post.

Kerri Farley said...

WOW ~ love the pic and the words!

Louise Gallagher said...

I always ask after reading/seeing one of your posts.... how does she do that?

You inspire awe.

Jeff Jordan said...

I think exactly like Louise when I see your posts...except I add, "wish I could do that too." Just being honest:)

SimplyDarlene said...

This makes me just want to give you a hug. And bring you a loaf of warm bread so we can sit there at your table eating and laughing and praying--together. Hoping the emptiness is only writing-prompt inspired and not real.

Blessings.

cristie said...

the perfect title for a most poignant photo. xox

Unknown said...

deep sigh,
thinking of you

Vicky said...

You put feeling into words so eloquently and with such ease... I can often only nod and know the truth of your words from someplace deep within.

Glynn said...

Great love flows out of emptiness, because great love flows into emptiness. Beautiful, Susan.

Duane Scott said...

It never ceases to amaze me how you take the insignificant and make it special.

I am blind to the ways that you see. I would have never noticed the shadow.

Loved this post as usual.

Maureen said...

God gave us a gift of memory. When we have nothing else, we always have that, and yes, sometimes it is more than enough to fill the emptiness.

Lovely image and words.

Dawning Inspiration said...

Beautiful image.
May your heart be filled with peace.

Pugelicious said...

I love the simplicity of the photograph and the words that accompany it.

kelvin s.m. said...

I felt sad with the photo this time... it's not because i didn't like it co'z i actually loved it... it just that i felt a different emotion on that photo... it reminded me of somethin' sad from the past...

Tricia said...

I love how you put it, that all the things we seek overflow out of emptiness.

Kass said...

Interesting choice of picture to go with 'emptiness.' Quite stirring.

Michelle DeRusha said...

i love that photo -- simultaneously simple and complex.

And I LOVE the amazing cloud photos below -- they don't even look real. Incredible.

I hope you are enjoying your time with Joann!!! She and I have exchanged a couple emails lately, as we are "neighbors."

Anonymous said...

I so enjoy your posts! I love this...

emptiness ... tugging at my heart

Thank you, Susan.

MedaM said...

Wonderful light and shadows on this photo and your words are so touching!

Relyn Lawson said...

I hope that your heart has filled up with joy today.

Bina said...

This is simply...beautiful.

You popped over to my place awhile back...sorry it took me so long to venture your way, but know that I am glad I did :)

Bina

Jeanne Frances Klaver said...

The shadows, the patterns, the subject...superb.