Monday, May 17, 2010

Maneuver of Grace ~

[click to enlarge]
Maneuver of Grace
commissioned acrylic painting
48" x 63"
artist
Jay B. Jones
 ~ ~ ~
"But He said to me,
My
grace
(My favor and loving-kindness and mercy)
is enough for you
[sufficient against any danger
and
enables you to bear the trouble manfully] ..."
2 Corinthians 12:9 AMP
~ ~ ~
For more thoughts
on
grace
please head over
to the blog carnival hosted
by
Bridget Chumbley

30 comments:

Anne Lang Bundy said...

"manfully" ~

I'll gladly avail myself of such strength.

You inspire me to try poetry, which I did for my own "Grace" post. I've thanked you there, and I thank you here.

Glynn said...

A definition of grace in words and that beautiful painting. Wonderful.

Tricia said...

Thank you. I needed that calm reminder today.

JML said...

The painting goes with the amplified version. They're both a little more complex :)

Connie said...

Wonderful! Thank you!

Kass said...

Love the off-center focus in that painting.
Grace is such an interesting concept.

Kass said...

p.s. - you inspired my post for today:
Clouds

Brian's Home Blog said...

My Sister Grace has that name for a reason!

Steve Gravano said...

Thanks for the scripture, I needed that today.

katdish said...

Ah, my favorite verse! Thank you.

Kathleen Overby said...

iLike

donna said...

The deep, rich colors in the painting are beautiful.

Saw the first hummingbird at the feeder this morning....that's my moment.

Hugs from me to you.

donna

Jennifer @ JenniferDukesLee.com said...

That painting ... With the geometrics of it, I think about the order He brings to the chaos, through the power of the cross.

Billy Coffey said...

Loved this. All of this.

Anonymous said...

i am surprised at the light that painting represents. it looks so much like glass with the sun shining through.

good choice on verse.
thank you for that.

Glenda said...

His grace can indeed maneuver us through ANY circumstance! I'm thankful! Beautiful painting . . .

Beth said...

Thank you for anchoring us once again to a strong scripture coupled with an awesome picture.

Maureen said...

What a glorious image combined with words.

Helen said...

I loved the picture, and I loved your explanation of this verse.

Joie Moring said...

I can see it hanging like a stained glass window, shining brightly, joyfully around the room...gorgeous!

Anonymous said...

Loved this. Thank you.

Louise Gallagher said...

BEautiful -- gracefully done.

Thank you.

Dawning Inspiration said...

Needed this today - thank you.

Unknown said...

or to bear the trouble womanfully :)

love the expanded here

Anonymous said...

what a wonderful painting! yes, order out of chaos, His grace is sufficient!

Mary said...

oh yes it is!!
Magnificent painting!

Vicky said...

Yes, HIS grace IS sufficient... what a magnificent way to portray grace.

ELK said...

so true . such a gift here..I have missed visiting you Susan

Jewels said...

I love that verse but haven't read that version. thanks!

caryjo said...

I love the painting. So glad you posted it.