leaving behind all
that hinders
for a higher good
"words and feathers
are easily scattered but not
easily gathered up"
anon
* * *
Let your speech at all times
be gracious (pleasant and winsome),
seasoned [as it were] with salt,
[so that you may never be at a loss]
to know how you ought to answer anyone
[who puts a question to you].
Colossians 4:6
* * *
Let your speech at all times
be gracious (pleasant and winsome),
seasoned [as it were] with salt,
[so that you may never be at a loss]
to know how you ought to answer anyone
[who puts a question to you].
Colossians 4:6
* * *

23 comments:
so many times I let my words fly
and wish I could call them back again.
thanks for the timely remind,
Jennifer
Wise words, Susan.
Wishing you a nice week.
I love this quote!! Where did you get the feather?
Wise words and worth following.
What a lovely photo and a profound truth!
So true! "THe Moving Finger Writes"!Spoken or written, they can't be taken away.
The feather image is so very beautiful... And words to think and live by! I sometimes think it may be best to speak less, than too much... ;o) Happy Days ((HUGS))
Found feathers are among my favorite things. Blessings to you, Susan.
i should have read this and remembered it two weeks ago, my words just spewed forth and can never be regathered...
Wonderful post.
What a great reminder...so beautifully communicated through words and gentle photography. Thank you.
my son collects feathers. he would be thrilled to find one so pretty.
Wonderful quote for a beautiful photo.
Beautiful post...much truth and wisdom in those words. And that is a lovely bluejay's feather.
What a wonderful quote, Susan, and this beautiful photograph is so perfect for it.
One of my favorites verses, but I often fall short, if not in my words, then in my thoughts.
My husband likes to collect feathers. I don't really think of them flying about as freely as words.
Oh yes...I am struggling this morning over words said to me that can't be taken back. It happens and the more I live the more I am reminded to be careful with my words.
Great advice!
I like the quote, easier said than done but something to strive for....one day!
You just made me smile, grin. Can't NOT forget that verse, b/c you nailed on me 40 years ago. I TRY to be good, but almost never ain't perfect. And I'm smiling now as I'm writing this comment.
a wonderful reminder and a very pretty, delicate image!!
have a wonderful sunday susan!!!
such peaceful quotes to go with that beautiful feather.
Post a Comment