Saturday, December 14, 2013

Come III ~


Be patient, therefore, beloved,
 until the coming of the Lord.
 The farmer waits for
 the precious crop from the earth,
 being patient with it until it receives
 the early and the late rains.
You also must be patient.
 Strengthen your hearts,
for the coming of the Lord is near.
Beloved, do not grumble against one another,
 so that you may not be judged.
 See, the Judge is standing at the doors!
As an example of 
suffering and patience, beloved,
 take the prophets who spoke
 in the name of the Lord.
James 5:7-10
*  *  *

21 comments:

Vicky said...

Beautifully incorporated scripture in the peace emanating from your contrasting photos of dark and light. So metaphorical! I was reflecting on this very idea last night- the Christmas miracle we are all preparing for! Thank you for the encouragement, Susan.

Anonymous said...

Beautiful post. Enjoy the Christmas Season, Susan.

Unknown said...

Hi Susan
Your picture today is such a great example of peace, inner peace. Yes, let us be patient even when we suffer for we know that nothing will ever be able to separate us from God's love.
Blessings XX
Mia

MadSnapper n Beau said...

beautiful verses and the candles are just perfect.

Carolyn said...

Lovely and encouraging. Wishing you blessings this Christmas season.
Carolyn

Debby Ray said...

Beautifully peaceful and you can almost hear the quietness of the snow...there's that certain un-sound when snow is on the ground...I love to almost hear it :) Perfect scripture and I noticed something else...you have a lovely new profile photo!

Anonymous said...

Susan - I am loving your Advent posts - and this one particularly is so lovely and the Scripture like brand new! Thank you -

Lisa Gordon said...

The beautiful spirit of the season.
Have a wonderful weekend, Susan.

Coloring Outside the Lines said...

A lovely post- I hope you are having a wonderful holiday season!

Ruth Hiebert said...

Beautiful!

Ginny Hartzler said...

I think most of us could really have more patience, too. I hope you are having a lovely weekend...

Muffy's Marks said...

Love the quote. Enjoy the anticipation!!

Joan Elizabeth said...

I am loving your advent series. Thank you.

Joan Elizabeth said...

I am loving your advent series. Thank you.

rjerdee said...

Perfect for the third Sunday of Advent! Thanks, Susan :)

SimplyDarlene said...

Oh, how we are missing the snow so far this winter! Yours is beauty. Thanks for sharing.

Blessings.

SimplyDarlene said...

Oh, how we are missing the snow so far this winter! Yours is beauty. Thanks for sharing.

Blessings.

Unknown said...

Beautiful my friend.

Hugs~

elizabeth said...

Beautiful...longing for His coming along with you.

elizabeth said...

Beautiful...longing for His coming along with you.

Dolly @Soulstops said...

Peaceful :) Thank you, Susan :) How is your roof? I haven't been on FB enough...