I was on my way
to the kitchen
when I noticed
the sun
playing
with the fern
I almost
missed breakfast
* * *
I hope you have
a wonder-filled day
* * *
"But hope is no less realistic than despair.
It is still our choice whether
to live in light or lie down in darkness."
Rick Yancy
Rick Yancy
37 comments:
Thank you for this loveliness, and especially for the Yancy quote.
I just love it when that happens :)
Oh my goodness, the name of your blog says it all! I was working on my blog, your blog popped up in reader (do they still call it that?) and I read the header sentence and had to see your blog. You are a woman with a heart like mine! Stunning! Will be back to look around your blog more! Great to know you. My name is Lynn and my blog is myenrapturedheart@blogspot.com
I often forget when I photograph. Your photos are beautiful, especially the first photo. I also like it when the sun penetrates through the window. Beautifully.
Have a nice day to you
Waldameise
Wow, the fern is gorgeous, Susan. Hope you enjoy the day. Windy here today; the cats are running from window to window chasing the leaves!
I am laughing at the almost missed breakfast. i get waylaid to, in the yard in the house and sun playing on just about anything will do it...I love ferns, we have tons of them in the yard and maybe i should bring one inside.
These are such wonderful moments! And fantastic pictures! The light on a fern is almost heavenly.
Warm hugs from Kaya.
I'm glad you took the time to capture these images. One has to be quick to capture such beauty when it is there.
An opportune moment!:) Your fern is spectacular.
Wonderful quote and a timely reminder to go with inspirational images!
And sometimes, it's good to lie down in the darkness :)
We photographer's really do chase the light, don't we!! Beautiful captures, and I love that quote by Rick Yancy.
beautiful...
Great eye and glad that you noticed and shared with us. :)
I probably WOULD have missed breakfast!!! The sun is a miracle worker with everything.
So beautiful! There certainly have been times I've stopped in my tracks because the light was hitting something so perfectly and I just can't help but take a few moments to peek. You've captured that moment exactly!
Breakfast can wait!
These are beautiful, Susan.
So glad you got side-tracked by them!
Wonderful and lovely Susan!
You truly have eyes to see and a heart tuned to Him dear Susie.
I was driving along today and noticed a small tree with very small leaves and the wind was whipping them this way and that--then the sun was playing with each of them making them look like silver dollars turning this way and that and flashing all brilliant. I didn't get waylaid but I sure wanted to--
You being waylaid, was a blessing to me. I so enjoy seeing the beautiful in things that are usually overlooked. Your photos are beautiful, thank you :)
Light, Light I choose the light. Never want to be long in the dark, brrrr. But without the darkness there would be no light eighter. ;0
Hope breakfast was good.
Hugs Dagmar
But I'm so glad you stopped. These moments are fleeting and someone has to seize them even if it does mean adjusting the schedule a little! P.S Didn't mean to puzzle you. I have been indulging in a little playful fiction with a fellow blogger. A welcome diversion on dark wet days here in the UK. Normal service will shortly be resumed.
Such wonderful light. Wonderful photos my friend.
Hugs~
breakfast will wait, that sun travels quickly!!
gorgeous!!
i know EXACTLY what you mean.
what a beautiful...and really relaxing post.
thank you so much for sharing with us ;)
you are a very lovely person.
have a great day today!
short sleeved pants
Very pretty. Don't you love to stumble upon a wild fern in the woods? They are so perfect!
I couldn't help but think of the analogy of the light on your fern and the light of Jesus on us...both shining to bring beauty to this hurting world...
Thank you Susan. Another beautiful post about the light. Although it's night time here I'm grateful for those moments in the day when I could pause in wonder and give thanks for the enhancing gift of light. 'In His light we see light'.
This reminds me that I noticed our tree ferns shooting up new fronds this week. Perhaps I will take a shot that might make it into the Journal.
I love it when the sun graces us it's presence in our lives - beautiful!
xo Catherine
I love moments like these. Some people think I'm crazy when I mention moments like these. To me they are gifts from God. An opportunity to worship.
I love it when the sun dances off the plants .
Great shots , and quote.
Nice to see your fern. Still hoping to head up to your place in the next few weeks. Hope, hope, hope...
I love shadows dancing- I can see why you were delayed!
Clearly, I've been away from the internet too long. I've been missing the beauties that you've been posting.
Post a Comment