Friday, November 15, 2013

Simplicity ~


"There is a certain majesty in simplicity
 which is far above all the quaintness of wit.”
 Alexander Pope
*  *  *
may your weekend be filled
 with the beauty of
 simplicity & gratitude


31 comments:

Sandra Heska King said...

I don't think I've ever heard that quote. I like.

Ruth Hiebert said...

Beautiful images. Have a wonderful weekend.

Anonymous said...

Lovely, Susan. I hope you have a nice, cozy weekend!

Patricia said...

So lovely, Susan. You have a wonderful weekend, too.

Coloring Outside the Lines said...

Pretty shots & love the quote. Have a great weekend!

Waldameise Andrea said...

So schlicht und gerade deshalb so wunderschön.

Hab ein schönes Wochenende
wünscht die Waldameise

Debby Ray said...

Bittersweet can truly enhance anything. These are beautiful images, Susan.

Anonymous said...

Love your second shot most, with the contrast in the blue, green vase and bright Chinese Red berries...

caryjo said...

I always love seeing this at your house, either exactly the same or slightly different, but beautiful. Made me smile to see this on FB and the whole thing on here.

Bless your day...

Connie Smiley said...

So true. And beautiful. Hope you have a great weekend, Susan.

MadSnapper n Beau said...

simply beautiful.. i like that green bottle... enjoy your week end.

Kaya said...

You are great finding beautiful simple things!

Wonderful photographs!

Shane Pollard said...

A beautiful post reflecting on simplicity - thank you Susan.

Wishing you a peaceful weekend enjoying the beauty around you.

Hugs
Shane

Anonymous said...

Your red and green make me think of Christmas! :)
xo Catherine

Vicky said...

I was lying in bed trying to post from my phone last night just minutes after this published. I'm glad I came back to check and see if it worked. The colors in this one grabbed me so-along with your artistic perspective of capturing them. I love the phrase "majesty in simplicity"… ahhhh yes.

Leslie said...

And these photos are simply beautiful.

Debbie said...

a pretty quote and a gorgeous image!!

i hope you have a wonderful sunday!!

Anonymous said...

i'm un-filling my closet.
which may leave extra room
for some of that simplicity
and gratitude.

Joan Elizabeth said...

This is a lovely image. I am not familiar with the plant ... what a beauty.

Kerri Farley said...

Lovely!!

Dea Moore said...

My heart is to never despise the simple things, but give them the honor due them, count them as gifts, one after another, always...

Kim@stuffcould.... said...

I love the beauty in simplicity ...you captured it

Lisa Gordon said...

Beautifully simple, and simply beautiful, Susan.
Love these!

Susan said...

Simple is always better!

Relyn Lawson said...

You just get better and better. Wow!

Nava said...

Thank you for sharing--something to think about and remember. Thank you for leaving a sweet note under my chapel post!

Linda P said...

Simplicity and gratitude are two values to aspire to in daily life. The quote from Alexander Pope reminded me of our recent visit to the country house at Mapledurham by the tranquil river Thames where the poet often came to visit his friends. The quote says a lot about what he valued.
I hope this week is a peaceful one for you, Susan.

Jennifer Richardson said...

How beautifully said...a certain majesty in simplicity:)
And your photo is, well, majestic!
Fresh grace to you in droves, friend,
Jennifer

Tracy said...

These are incredibly beautiful & luminous photos, Susan... something special about that last photo in particular with the blue, green & red...very primary and primal. :o) Happy new week ((HUGS))

Betty Manousos said...

oh my, love these. your photos look like visual poetry, susan!
great work! and thanks so much for the follow. following you right back!
wishing you a lovely week ahead~:))

Mersad said...

As Steve Jobs said: Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication.