Thursday, November 21, 2013

Insomnia ~

Insomnia
"I cannot get to sleep tonight.
I toss and turn and flop.
I try to count some fluffy sheep
while o'er a fence they hop
.
I try to think of pleasant dreams
of places really cool.
I don't know why I cannot sleep -
I slept just fine at school
.” 
Kathy Kenney-Marshall
is an author of children's poetry
you can read more about her here
*  *  * 
When you lie down,
 you will not be afraid;
Yes, you will lie down and
 your sleep will be sweet.
Proverbs 3:24
*  *  *

19 comments:

Anonymous said...

i didn't realize, until just now, that if i click the enlarged photo, it gets even bigger.

Ginny Hartzler said...

I love it! I will be looking this author up to read to the girls. I hope you are sleeping well now, insomnia is NOT fun.

Connie said...

Sweet rest in the Lord . . .A Men :)
Sweet dreams,
Your blogging sister, Connie :)

rjerdee said...

Love that poem! Going to send it to my sister, my sleepless sister. Unlike her, sleep is glorious for me :)...circadian rhythm...I go to bed when it gets dark, get up before the sun rises...love the quiet of the early morning.

Tracy said...

The Proverbs passages is so lovely... A nice little mantra to have before sleep. :o) LOVELY embroidery too... Hope you are not experiencing insomnia, Susan, and that you are resting well! Happy Weekend ((HUGS))

Muffy's Marks said...

Oh, I hate nights like that. I too pray for my family and friends during those times.

MadSnapper n Beau said...

that is a great poem and it fits me more and more each year i get older.. i need to memorize it so i can add it to quotes i say in my head. when I can't sleep I say scripture in my head trying to turn off my brain... great post. beautiful photo

Anita Johnson said...

I have nights like that too and I used to fret about how tired I would be the next day and that would add to my sleeplessness. I read on a friends blog that she uses those restless times as an unexpected time with God. I like that perspective! (and I like your photos too!)

Linda said...

I like this one. I am a tosser and turner and often pray that verse Susie

Ruth Hiebert said...

Beautiful. God provides even when sleep does not want to come.

Deanna said...

There is nothing better than wonderful, beautiful sleep!! Love the poem and the Bible verse, perfect with your lovely photos!!

Debbie said...

awww beautiful susan, just beautiful!!

Linda P said...

I hope you're not suffering from insomnia or even broken sleep, Susan. The poem about falling asleep in school because the child or young personm couldn't sleep at night made me smile. The poet knows a lot about children! My equivalent experience is to want to have a little sleep in an afternoon sometimes if I haven't rested enough at night time! May our nights be restful ones.

Karen said...

I loved the poem and Bible verse today. That verse comforted me the first time I was away from home as a college student!

Kaya said...

The poem is beautiful. I love the Bible verse very much. It gives you comfort and peace.

The pictures are astonishing!

simply bev said...

Just beautiful. Sleep does not always come easily for me! Thank you for sharing this.

Anonymous said...

Oh how I hate those sleepless nights!!
xo Catherine

Sandy K. said...

Thank you for this very cute poem, perfect for my teacher-collection:). I also love the included link. I will definitely pass it along, and look for more of her work!

caryjo said...

This made me grin. Truly know the life of life in school. A good combination of Words, words, and photos. As usual, a blessing.