Saturday, November 2, 2013

A Resting Place ~

"so I wait for you like a lonely house
till you will see me again and live in me.
Till then my windows ache
.”
Pablo Neruda
*  *  *
 My people will abide
 in a peaceful habitation,
 in secure dwellings,
 and in quiet resting places
Isaiah 32:18

 

35 comments:

Anonymous said...

how good it is to have quiet resting places.

Coloring Outside the Lines said...

Lovely scroll work over that window. Great bible passage too.

Connie said...

What a lovely post, you have such a sweet and kind heart. Your old house was lovely with this verse :)

Lisa Gordon said...

A beautiful post, Susan, and the detail in this architecture is amazing!

Have a great weekend!

MadSnapper n Beau said...

the last line, until then my windows ache.. wow. i love it. and that house is beautiful, and so much detail to look at.. a lovely old lady

diana said...

So happy to see this show up in my FB scroll. LOVED the Neruda words - thank you, Susan.

Breathtaking said...

If only everyone had a peaceful dwelling place!

Maureen said...

Gorgeous metaphor and wonderful word-pairings.

Waldameise Andrea said...

Oh, quite wonderful, Pablo Neruda's thoughts as well as the photo of the house. Wonderful wooden ornaments.

Liebe Abendgrüße
Waldameise

Anonymous said...

What a grand home. Thanks for another beautiful post.

Gayle said...

Oh my goodness, I had never seen this scripture, I am writing it down right now! Love the house!

Ginny Hartzler said...

The poem and verse go so well with this picture! Now I want to see the rest of the house...

Joan Elizabeth said...

That Neruda poem is just delightful. His poems are always so sensual.

Kerri Farley said...

LOVELY!!

Carol Garvin said...

Love this post, Susan... the photo, the quote and the verse. There's something very reassuring about quiet resting places and the promise of secure dwellings.

Muffy's Marks said...

Fantastic post. Love the design on that grand old home.

Inger said...

Thoughtful and beautiful ~ I too live in quietness.

Anonymous said...

Beautiful gingerbread on this house I would love to explore -- lovely post.

Anonymous said...

I love that roof line!
Happy Sunday!
xo Catherine

Katie said...

beautiful words to go with your lovely image.

Unknown said...

What a beautiful house. And such words to go with it my friend.. Hope you have a happy week.

Hugs~

Kaya said...

A very beautiful and special house! And very lovely picture. And I love to read the words which go with your pictures. You have a beautiful soul!

Warm hugs from Kaya.

rjerdee said...

Isaiah's words are comforting while Neruda's leave my heart wrenching ...to think of house windows aching for company...

Our photos said...

Beautiful photo!
Greetings, RW & SK

Mersad said...

Lovely facade.

Mersad
Mersad Donko Photography

Dagmar said...

Wowzwers this is a stunning place. You've did a wonderful job in taking this photo. I hope it's your place???
Hugs Dagmar

SimplyDarlene said...

(and it was a lonely house image knit our hearts together...)

blessings.

SimplyDarlene said...

(and it was a lonely house image knit our hearts together...)

blessings.

Unknown said...

Beautiful trim work, artfull. I'd hate to have to paint it.

Vicky said...

Ohhh how I love Pablo Neruda- and those words with this image say so much. Glad you are well provided for when you journey away from your own dwelling. Peace and light be with you Susan.

Sandy K. said...

Charming and restful looking - with an invitation written across that window. I love the verses you find which compliment those photographs, or is it the other way around?:)

Mari said...

Beautiful detail on that house. The quote and verse complete your post perfectly!

Dolly @Soulstops said...

sigh...thank you :)

Karen said...

So comforting! God bless you. I enjoy your posts so much.

caryjo said...

Was glad that you said "Rochester", b/c when I first saw the photo I didn't recognize it in your area. Was gonna ask, so DID think it might be in R. Mentioned that to Dave when I saw it on FB, but NOW I KNOW!! Glad you enjoyed taking photos when there.