"A certain blue enters your soul.
A certain red
has an effect on your blood-pressure."
Henri Matisse
* * *
O suns and skies and flowers of June
count all your boasts together,
Love loveth best of all the year
October's bright blue weather.
Helen Hunt Jackson
- - -
this poem
in its entirety
can be found here

36 comments:
The vivid orange with deep blue background is perfection.
Orange and blue...nature's complementary colors :)
I have been "falling in love" with blue lately. It's not in the sky here this morning. Warm air slipping back in, the Indian Summer, and with it fog :)
the poem is perfect, i was looking at that brilliant blue sky and thinking there is nothing more beautiful than the contrasts in nature...
The depth of color and extraordinary clarity are just stunning. Love the quote.
These are beautiful shots; so clear...I love the contrast of the two colors....beautiful representation of fall....
autumns's bluest
blue skies
set us
up
for winter's
whitewash nap
autumns's bluest
blue skies
set us
up
for winter's
whitewash nap
Oh how I loved this post - and all the comments too!
WoW...what's better the bright blue or those crisp orange leaves. they are perfect together, these images are just gorgeous!!
October is one of my favorite months of the year...the tree colors, the blue above, and the birds flying and flying and flying some more.
So so true...there truly is something about orange and blue!
It is certainly not blue skies in my neck of the woods today but that's OK...love me some rainy days every now and again :)
makes my heart dance to see that blue october sky
This post is also a pure poetry, I can look and look at these beautiful autumn flaming leafs for a long time.
Beautiful, so beautiful!
So beautiful! Can any two colors be better together?
WOW!!! The red leaves and the beautiful blue sky,a perfect combination.
Your blue is incredible! I think I will go and read the whole poem, seems we all only know the one line!
That last photo is my favorite. Oh, how I love autumn.
I love the play of light on the leaves--such wonderfully vivid colors! :>)
I love that poem, Susan. It's new to me. The weather has been perfect here in KC this week!
This color combination is stunning! I love this time of the year.
This color combination is stunning! I love this time of the year.
Beautiful skies and colors!
Such beautiful blue skies and the changing of the trees look so pretty.
Hugs~
Love that blue sky peaking through!
Happy weekend!
xo Catherine
Blue and orange...two of my favorite combinations, and you have captured them beautifully!!
Really beautiful! This is a great time of year to go walking with camera in hand, isn't it!
Beautiful.
Love the Matisse quote.
Your images speak to the beautiful exuberance of autumn!!! Love the blue, orange/rust color harmony!
Happy week to you, Susan :)
Now this is a view, that I would also like to look up to.
Mersad
Mersad Donko Photography
Stunning. After our very rainy color trip a week ago it's a lovely color-filled trip I take here. But I must not give up, for the colors are still evolving!
i tried to do this today, my sky was not blue enough. i appreciate these even more!!
These photos remind me of a grand old maple we used to have in our garden. It was the first to colour each season and had glorious golden leaves like this ... sadly it died of old age.
Wow, incredible beauty. It will be several more weeks before we get much color. :(
glorious....
Post a Comment