Wednesday, April 10, 2013

Repose ~

"let's begin by taking a
 smallish nap or two"
A.A. Milne
*  *  *
a little rest is in order
as we wait for
spring's appearance

32 comments:

IanH said...

...and wait....and wait...and wait!!

Anonymous said...

Callie gets more beautiful each time I see her. So sweet!

Ginny Hartzler said...

I totally agree! And maybe the nap could be more than smallish? How about mediumish or even largish?

Anonymous said...

...or three.

Beth said...

I take a smallish nap every afternoon --10 - 20 minutes to get the needed energy to drive home. It helps immensely. :>)
You have a darling 'napper' here.:>)

Glynn said...

After seeing all those Grumpy Cat photos on Facebook, this photo is a sweet relief.

Joan Elizabeth said...

Rest in the sun ... sounds nice.

Hazel said...

I love that ability to look utterly relaxed and just COMFY!

I AM cultivating the ability to flop down just about anywhere but not so elegantly!

Breathtaking said...

A siesta really helps to restore ones energy.Nice picture of your cat:)

MadSnapper n Beau said...

I love a smallish nap, feline, canine or humans. my smallish nap is when i am reading and my eyes get heavy and my had nods, and i don't go all the way to sleep, just doze and can still hear things. 10 minutes of that and i am a new person.

Brandee Shafer said...

*jealous of your cat*

Nancy said...

I could join Callie with a nap...It's a gorgeous day here.....

Ruth Hiebert said...

I agree,but just how long can we nap? :)

Linda P said...

I just want to stretch out and stroke Callie. Our Gino helps us relax - he likes to cuddle up in an evening and his purring lulls us into a restful mood.

Unknown said...

Your sweet kitty photo has me smiling. So sweet..

Hugs~

Susan said...

I could use a nap or two! Lucky kitty!

rjerdee said...

sweet kitty-kitty.

Michelle DeRusha said...

It does sort of feel like it's taking forever this year.

That cozy kitty has the right idea...

Unknown said...

Ohhh I love a nap. I hope Spring appears soon for you, and the summer is mild and pleasant. God Bless..

Linda said...

Cats seem to be very good at resting and waiting :)

Anonymous said...

That's a good idea. Let's just sleep until spring gets here.
xo Catherine

Tracy said...

LOVELY idea... as we're still waiting for spring to really arrive here too. ;o) A cat nap is a very good idea for in the meantime. ((HUGS))

Justine said...

Gorgeous

Ms. Becky said...

Well yes, and it's been a long wait too. Did you get snow? It missed us but we got loads of rain - 4.5 inches and the rivers are rising.
Your kitty cat is adorable, and has the right idea. Spring will arrive one day, we're being taught the lesson of patience I guess. Happy weekend to you Susan.

Linda said...

So sweet. Thank you for sharing.

Lucille said...

We are all waiting it seems in the northern hemisphere. Still no leaves on the trees, but no snow now, just more rain. Callie has the best idea.

Carol Garvin said...

Winnie the Pooh always did have good ideas. I'm with Callie in thinking a snooze is a good way to wait out this unspringlike weather.

Very sweet photo!

Debbie said...

i also fell asleep waiting!! pretty, soft light keeping him/her warm!!

Leslie said...

She's a darling. A perfect napping companion, I'd say.

Jennifer Richardson said...

makes me deliciously sleepy:)
thanks,
Jennifer

Relyn Lawson said...

I need a smallish nap or two just now. It would be even better if I had a purring cat beside me.

caryjo said...

Napping and resting are "good things"... need them. But wish I looked like her instead of me. Oh, well.